Idea Thread: Planetary Shield & Fusion Reactor

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Idea Thread: Planetary Shield & Fusion Reactor

Dear Community,

I do want to know your opinions how i should implement the Planetary Shield and the Fusion Reactor.
      In space4k it was implemented with a permanent attack and defense value to the according planet (for the first battle round). But I don't like this idea.
      Another idea was to implement it to give a attack bonus for ships starting from there to invade another planet (weapon overload with Fusion Reactor) or a defense bonus for own ships defending the planet with the Planetary Shield.
      Of course only for the first round...

But i want to hear your ideas. Maybe you have a different much cooler idea :)
      It must not be something with attack bonus and defense bonus. It could be something different.
    • Ill be the first... Im playing this Game on muy phone, its a robot FPS and there is a defensive weapon that you can use that is a shield, when the shield is active the does not get any damage.

To implement it here there are a couple of options;

- The shield can work by time during that time the player does not reacive dmg untill x amount is reached after x time the shield needs a reload time.

- The shield only works by dmg and is active constantly needing a reload time when damaged.

- The shield is used as a noobie protection, so when a player looses 80% of troops it will activate during x hours/days to allow to rebuild

- The shield activates on incoming attacks but it needs 1h to configure, meaning all attacks under 1h would reached destination
      FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BOARD | GAME
      Mail: Stv3N@gmx.es

Allways remember, follow the rules, respect others and most important have FUN! :thumbsup:
      "Give your hand and they will take your arm."
    • I agree with giving a purpose to those useless buildings. Use it as a noob protector as well as a 24 hour shield after someone is attacked.

If the attacked is 100 mill and defender 10 mill give like a 80% damage reduction to the defender. It will help everyone grow and prevent bullies.

The only time the shield and reactor shouldn't work is when someone goes inactive or during a War.
      ALONE I'M LETHAL, AS A TEAM WE DOMINATE. [HIT]
    • I really like that concept Star. So if we have a high player that decides to attack lower players he will lose atleast double what he normally would, i think there should be diferent levels, the bigger the player the more he will lose and therefor less interest in attacking.

lucas080 wrote:

Kannd as jemand in Deutsch übersetzen?
      Sorry Lucas, we are an internacional community and therefor to debate certain subjects we need a language un common, if not it would be chaotic.
      (I didnt translate your post but im sure thats what you were talking about)

Allways remember, follow the rules, respect others and most important have FUN! :thumbsup:
    • I want more attacks in this game and not less ^^
      Maybe we can introduce a negative morale factor for players with less than a tenth of your own points, but I'm not that happy with this.

Also a complete attack protection after loosing X percent of your fleet wouldn't work well. Players would build a single ship to loose 100 percent of his fleet to be save for the next day(s).
    • I believe that if the attacker suffers too much DAMAGE
      by to the planetary shield nobody is going to be encouraged to attack

It would be ideal if the option allows the defender to activate the shield missing 10 minutes before receiving the attack and to activate it automatically reinforce the attack and defense averages of the parked boats and the defenses of at least 50% in The planet that activated the shield.

It would generate more attention to the Game and Damage to the Two Players, and would keep the shield button active as long as the hydrogen or water in the tanks allows its use even in warIn order to activate the shield you could use an amount x of resource (it can be hydrogen or water) and in order to keep it active continue to subtract this material from the tank automatically since it is difficult to get when it starts and during the game
      [Blocked Image: https://ibb.co/jeMvnk]

The post was edited 7 times, last by crossman ().

• I will think a bit about this topic. Maybe i have a good idea, but there are allready some good ideas: (made the more important topics orange :)

I like ravens idea of "to give a attack bonus for ships starting from there to invade another planet"
      I like stv3ns idea of "needs 1h to reload"

Combined it would be great and rewards you to attack from your homeplanet instead of building attacking-colonies (another strategy)

For defence the same for defence.
      But it should increase only the attack values of the attacker and the deffence values of the defender.
      And you should have to activate them manual. So you can choose if you want to use your attackbonus for the next flight. And you have to activate your shields (defence bonus) a few minutes before the attacker arrives (30min?).

I don't like the noobprotection. New players shouln't build shields...
      I don't like "100 mill and defender 10 mill give like a 80% damage reduction to the defender" ->> results in "just hiding behind your fleet"

And sorry if thats the same crossman said. I just didn't understand what you wrote :(

The post was edited 1 time, last by Terminator ().

• Planetary Shield xxx APPLY
      A giant sphere will surround your planet and reduce the effectiveness of your opponent's weapons.H: 1,944,000 L: 2,592,000 Hy: 324,000

REQUIREMENTS FOR ACTIVATING IT

* Requirement to use it must be at level 17 for example

* To put it into use the shield should be paid with resources at the beginning and during its use cost Hy: 1.800.000 and 180.000 x hour* You should wait 12 hours to reuse it.

BENEFITS

Increases attack and defense of ships and defenses on the planet that is applied by 30%.
      [Blocked Image: https://ibb.co/jeMvnk]
    • By Plumb vía pm ingame

plumb wrote:

Firstly, with no fleet points I think the shield and reactor need to be much more difficult to build to make the hiscores reflect infrastructure a bit more rather than just planet points on some useless building.

Maybe the buildings could become much more expensive and linked to high end research? Sticking with the idea of shield boosting defence on defence battles and reactor on attack battles, shield tech could be related to the shield and energy focalisation to the reactor? So every 10 shield research levels you can build one more level of planetary shield?

Also, you shouldn't be allowed shield and reactor on more than just a couple of planets, to stop point scoring. This wouldn't be much of an issue because with much larger build cost nobody should Want to spend that on every planet.

bonus to reactor would have to be more than bonus to shield, otherwise turtle defence would be too easy and war planets under powered.

I hope I raise some interesting points, I will post myself if my forum account activation email ever turns up!