Proposal: Remove Points of Units

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Proposal: Remove Points of Units

Remove Unit Points for Server 2 (Balayn)? 23
        Yes (11) 48%
        Yes, but with some unit indicator (4) 17%
        No (8) 35%
      "Points don't fight" ;)
      The goal behind this idea is to increase the activity of all players to start attacking others and to make wars more attractive for alliances.

THIS FEATURE is planned for the 2nd Server only, when the community accept this feature!
      We can do another poll later for server 1.

End of this Poll: Thursday 16:00 UTC

.: edit :.
      Altered the poll for the option with some kind of indicator to find out quickly if your opponent still have units.
      (Something like a unit counter)
    • I think if the traditional hiscore has unit points removed, maybe the default hiscore should change to the current title hiscore.

So unit points would need to remain to be tracked in the title scores.

If the title score was the default one it might encourage people to attack to rise to the top?

Edit: is this what is meant by the indicator?
    • I also agree with title points being the main highscore. It would force people to fight and attack more, but also i would add to be made some kind of honorable system, meaning lets say NO.1 player with 100M of fleet, when he attacks somneone lets say with 50M of points that title points dont add up, meaning make attack and fights more fair and in the line, and to avoid stonger people "farming" lower players just for title points.

Becouse we already saw on s1 a couple of TOP point players actualy farming title points of players that have meybe 10/20% of their total points just for title points, while at the same time avoiding making attacks, or being hit by someone their size. So lets say make a 20M max 30M of fleet points max difference. Or even better, make them lose title points in situations where they attack someone alot weaker.

In short You would get title points of enemies destroyer fleet only if the difference is MAX 30M, everything more, no title points gains for you, while the victim would get title points of fleet he destroyer of you, since he probably lost everything. Or same thing but you actualy lose the amount of title points that you destroyer of a player thats 30M+ weaker then you.
      [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/jV1WIIN.jpg]
      [DT] DREAM TEAM
    • Where is the fun if you can not destroy the enemy? See an enemy falling from the Ranking, this is fun. If a player wants to play, he must be careful! if a player does not want to play, he becomes inactive. The problem of a player's activity is not this.
    • The poll is very clear with 15 to 8 votes for "yes".
      So I've reduced for now the unit points for server 2 to 1 point each unit.
      That's only a temporary change until we've decided how to proceed in future.

Personally I like the idea to keep the rebalanced points for the title highscore but remove them from the normal highscore.
      I'm also fine with a unit counter for the normal highscore, to determine how much units are left.

But we will discuss this in an separate thread.
    • I don't like it but i have to say that i agree with starscream

To push titlepoints by farming or attacking small people is a problem and could be one.

But nevertheless the existing system was crap (sry raven). It created points points points. And made many of us inactive.
      So the new system is a chance. And I'm very very happy that the chance won :))) ✌

And I want to add another thought to starscreams statement: If you dont see the enemys troop points, can you really start a "save attack where you know you will win"?
      He could have some ships save to suprise you ;) (love that^^)
      So can you be sure that your victim is small and will be easy title points for you?
      I think its risky to attack. And thats the fun if you dont have an indicator for troops. You have to spy if you want to know it. (Twice to get sure ;)
      And i think after you did all this work to get sure that you will win, you earned your title points.

So only casual farming like killing 2 nohas would be a problem. But therefore the ckk system exists, doesnt it?

@Raven: verschiebs wenns schon nen threat dazu gibt. Am handy durchsuchen sich foren immer so dämlich und ich war lange nicht wirklich hier -> hab kein Überblick.
    • The thing about farming title points Ravenc, i think you should consider my view in some form, becouse trust me, alot of people will abuse it. So better to prevent it then to see it happening, and you sure will, becouse most of people this days not have much honor/pride in themselfs( they shown that on s1) and will use all kind of stupid/non pridefull ways to make them look better then they actualy are becouse they "can". With the honorable system you actualy would force everyone to fight evenly, so normal attacks will happen, not bashing of lower players or farming of title points.

About unit count, i think it will also make stupid things, like people mass producing noahs, camos just to have the highest possible number, and then we have another problem, a player with lost of camos and noahs he cant move making him an unmovable fortress, so we are again in the same situation like on server 1. People like points, peopl elike to build everything they can just to get ahead on points, and we saw it times and times already.

I remember mine and DT at start of the server 1. 90% server just builded useless crap just to gain points, while we where far behind in points, and later when we surpased everyone becouse of smart building economy and everything, they started doing useless crap even more just to try and keep up with us, thinking they are in a point race with us, and in reality we where building smart, while they build just for points. So Ravenc try to minimase that effect of people needing to build everything just to race for points in general. Fights, wars and units should be the main focus, not points.
      [DT] DREAM TEAM

The post was edited 1 time, last by Starscream ().

• I agree with what you say SC, but remember we need the cannon fodder as well, they need their points to feed their egos, only a select few play smart, you can't expect to have 100 players playing smart, building their economies and index. You need the tards as well to sustain the farming and so on. So a balance b/t what you have said and overall points needs to happen, that is the beauty and simplicity of this game, U4k is far superior to what S4k was, it is much better in my opinion, but we need to keep that foundation of what got most of us into this style of gaming 15 years ago.

Keep up the good work RavenC.
      ALONE I'M LETHAL, AS A TEAM WE DOMINATE. [HIT]
    • Nice idea spectra..

What if a 10m player attacks 100m player, just farming their sides to kill transport ships etc? Would they get bonus points in title score for this for attacking larger player?

Also starscream, at least a decent amount of noah are unavoidable now because all combat ships have had their cargo capacity nerfed. So any attack you are looking to gain resources you need transport ships in addition to ships required to win the battle (or be smart and send your noah afterwards, especially as sentih has 1.1* modifier v noah).

Either way, changes to the game make it more fun and hopefully keep people interested a bit longer.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Jpr ().

• All I am saying is..that ravenc should focus on fights, attacks, wars, in general activity in that range, becouse we saw what happened and is is currently on S1. We are a small community, this are not ogame servers where at its peak where 11k players per Universe, so we should focus to make the experience fun, but also give people a reason to attack, rebuild, not stick with farmville where they build for 3 years without a single attack. We had only ONE SINGLE WAR so far..was FBI and ST i think, thats only ONE WAR in the entire server history so far, and i think no new wars are going to be made there. People avoid fighting attacking if someone is stonger then them, they then push noahs, camos to the point where they cant move due to cost. So all i am saying is...do something to avoid that on server 2, becouse i dont wanna play a repeated server 1. Lower the costs of moving fleets, in the later game that will be more important, and put an BIG emphasis on attacks, but also try to have them under control in case of title points farming etc etc.
      [DT] DREAM TEAM
    • Jpr wrote:

Nice idea spectra..

What if a 10m player attacks 100m player, just farming their sides to kill transport ships etc? Would they get bonus points in title score for this for attacking larger player?

Either way, changes to the game make it more fun and hopefully keep people interested a bit longer.

Yes. Cause thats brave ;)
      But without trooppoint indicators we won't have 10m and 100m players anyway. So no multiplicator needed :D