Pinned [Project] New themed Game

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [Project] New themed Game

Hello Community!!

Today i come with some very interesting information.
      After talking with @RaVenC he has given me green light to start a new themed game, of course these new game will have the same playing style as all other games. Those that have been here for a long time, know that all three games (Stiddari, Universe4k & Dunewar) all have separate databases but are all linked together, therefor the browser game idea will remain the same, just with a new theme.

That said....

This first initial post is for the first contact, we would like this project to be a community project, so everyone gives there opinion, its very important that you guys don't just read, we need opinions, feedback, etc..

We are going to start off with a Brainstorm, on themes for the new game, your imagination is the limit, no opinion is right or wrong, we want to hear what each an everyone of you have to say... Based on the initial Brainstorm, that does not have a limit of days till the this phase is over a poll will be started with the different themes, and then i will start to prepare the game data so the game can be launched.... I will appear every so often to get feedback on the progress, so its important that those that want to take part in the building of this new themed game stay active on the board regularly to stay updated.

It doesnt matter if your a Universe4k player, Stiddari or Dunewar... Just give us an idea for a theme, give a brief idea of the concept.

Theme Ideas

Historical Themes

- Egyptian
      - Roman
      - Maya
      - Aztec
      - Vikings
      - Greece
      - Celts

and a very big etc...

Fantasy Themes

- Futuristic
      - Aliens
      - Zombies
      - Elves

Other Themes

- Robots
      - Cars
      - Animals
      - Sports
      - Mafia

As you can all see the theme list is unlimited, some of those themes above are just useless ideas for a game, but the idea was to show a small list of what can be done.
      Now is time for you guys to chip in, lets have a brainstorm... Once i see enough players participate i will make a poll.

I hope everyone likes the idea!

Best Regards
      Stv3N

Theme ideas by Community

Middle Ages
      - Roman
      - Spartan

Fantasy
      - Elves, Humans, Orcs (Lord of Rings Style)
      - Demons

Other
      - Bitefight (Vampire/Wolverine Theme)
      - Gladiatus (Roman Gladiator Theme)
      - Cars
      FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BOARD | GAME
      Mail: Stv3N@gmx.es

Allways remember, follow the rules, respect others and most important have FUN! :thumbsup:
      "Give your hand and they will take your arm."
    • Roman, Sparta and last but not last since i dont know how it would work lol Cars

PS i would like a game like Bitefight, gladiatus, it doesent have to be vampires vs wolverines...but something else..but a model like that, its a nice model, doesent require people to be online alot, and its alot easier to learn then this kind of games.
      [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/jV1WIIN.jpg]
      [DT] DREAM TEAM
    • I like the idea for a new themed game but keeping the browser style game, there is beauty in its simplicity.

I personally would be interested in a Middle Ages, Roman, Spartan style themed browser game.

Or even a Lord of the Rings type game with humans, elves, orcs, demons style game.

In order to succeed and attract more players and the community the grow we need good marketing when promoting the game. For example start an IG page, FB page and even a small commercial for the game.
      ALONE I'M LETHAL, AS A TEAM WE DOMINATE. [HIT]
    • Also, please the new themed game, please OPTIMISE the units/fleet/troops or whatever we will have, becouse the format in stiddari works, but in universe doesent, due to camos and noahs. So please stick with format of stiddari, so that there is one the stomngest unit, or optimise the format where we can and need to use several units in the end game, but not in the way is right now, with noahs and camos.
      [DT] DREAM TEAM
    • Starscream wrote:

Roman, Sparta
      I think this will be one of the most popular themes..

Starscream wrote:

would like a game like Bitefight, gladiatus, it doesent have to be vampires vs wolverines...but something else..but a model like that, its a nice model, doesent require people to be online alot, and its alot easier to learn then this kind of games.
      I never played much bitefight or gladiatus, in my opinion there too slow to get addicted to them.
      You may develop the idea if you wish just remember these two things.
      - The game style will remain as Stiddari, Universe4k or Vendetta, three diferent games but all played the same way. (So it cant playing style cant be complicated too much)
      - This themed game will not be a clone of any other game, it will be a community project with everyones opinion, so its ok to copy a theme but nothing more...In a way it will be rooksandgames.com first game.

Starkiller wrote:

keeping the browser style game, there is beauty in its simplicity.
      The same style as all the current games will be the same, just the theme and well troops, buildings, trainings, etc.

Starkiller wrote:

Middle Ages, Roman, Spartan style themed browser game.
      I say again, Middle Ages in general i think will be the most liked and especially Roman.

Starkiller wrote:

Lord of the Rings type game with humans, elves, orcs, demons style game.
      This was my second option or even first, Fantasy style game mixed up abit, i think much can be done with this theme,

Starkiller wrote:

In order to succeed and attract more players and the community the grow we need good marketing when promoting the game. For example start an IG page, FB page and even a small commercial for the game.
      Firstly we are just sharing the idea of a new themed game with the community, currently not much feedback, luckly all positive... If it seems players will be interested it will go forward, if not maybe not.

Once i start work on the game data and we have a name then we can promote the game, but firstly we need opinions and a theme.

Allways remember, follow the rules, respect others and most important have FUN! :thumbsup:
    • <p>We want a new server off stiddari, not a game like stiddari !!!! Bullshit !!!!</p>

EDIT

Firstly have some respect towards the community and secondly towards those that actualy take a helping part towards the servers and all games.

Luckily that one guy has put the time into the programming and the economical costs so that you can play you have a Stiddari server if that guy has said repeatedly he currently is very busy you respect that and wait, just like everyone else, you are not special.

If you have nothing to help this thread stay out of it, since some players do like the idea and wish to help towards improvement.

Next Spam with disrespect will not be a Spam warning, learn to give your opinion with respect and then you will be heard.

Stv3N
    • nicely said St3v3n.
      And I prefer a TEAM who asks their membership. really.

Stv3N wrote:

therefor the browser game idea will remain the same, just with a new theme.
      but why??

If the game is the same, then why another topic? ...sry that makes no sense.

we losing more and more players, so we give "the Car a new colour" and a new name...and thats it?? Thats not enough in my Opinion.

We need a Brainstorming for the Game Balance, in the Battle Combat System and so on.
      There are so many functions in stiddari who does NOT work (sry, I am only playing stiddari...cannot speak for the other games) or not rly works.
    • Litschi wrote:

nicely said St3v3n.
      And I prefer a TEAM who asks their membership. really.

Stv3N wrote:

therefor the browser game idea will remain the same, just with a new theme.
      but why??
      If the game is the same, then why another topic? ...sry that makes no sense.

we losing more and more players, so we give "the Car a new colour" and a new name...and thats it?? Thats not enough in my Opinion.

We need a Brainstorming for the Game Balance, in the Battle Combat System and so on.
      There are so many functions in stiddari who does NOT work (sry, I am only playing stiddari...cannot speak for the other games) or not rly works.
      The idea is to have a new game new theme, why? Well mainly for something new that all will like, is the idea for everyone to move to that game? No, its just something everyone will like like, an other game... Most players on here don't just play games here they have some other 2 or 3 games... So why not play them all here?

The features that need to be worked on, will eventually be done, that's something i can not do, and even if i could until the code is reworked i could not help...

Is the idea of this game something for everyone to enjoy until the other games have the updates needed, well maybe depends how you look at it, the style will be the same, as in its a non graphical strategy browser based game, will the type of playing be the same? Well maybe maybe not, until its finished completely we will not know, since by just playing with the troops values the game can change drastically, it can be very slow passed, producing little resources and taking a long time to research or it can be fast passed and take less time to get everything upgraded, that all depends on the decisions that are taken.

Its also a very important detail, that if the game goes forward, everyone helps, then this game is the creation of rooksandgames.com, that would mean no copyright restriction or anything like that... Images and all that would take time but still its a big improvement.

At least in my opinion, having the opportunity to make a new game, and given the possibility for everyone to participate in the creation of that game (obviously not 100%, but a lot) id be a proud player of that server, because we are part of the creation and if its a good game its thanks to everyone's collaboration.

PS. After all that, i respect those that like the idea and who doesnt, some play all three games and are allways down for an other, some just play Stiddari because of the old school game it is... Im down for growing, and having a diferent theme that can eventualy take a new route for players i really think its a good option... Will it have more players i dont know, but atleast im sure it will bring in a new type of players.

• Spectra wrote:

Hmm, maybe we could have a bunch of ancient civilizations that people could pick and they get a bonus based off of what group they're in?
      Best idea so far, this could be done with both themes metioned, Anciente Civs and Fantasy (elf, orc, human, dark elf)

Before i Saw anything im waiting for Daanys reply to see if he could do this, and well this would be the Game style change you guys mentioned but staying in the simplicity.

Most defenetly would be the new direction if possible.

• Starscream wrote:

Also, please the new themed game, please OPTIMISE the units/fleet/troops or whatever we will have, becouse the format in stiddari works, but in universe doesent, due to camos and noahs. So please stick with format of stiddari, so that there is one the stomngest unit, or optimise the format where we can and need to use several units in the end game, but not in the way is right now, with noahs and camos.
      I don't think so... U4k works better than stiddari. Stiddari isn't balanced really good. In U4k we had the same, when the Sentih was the strongest Unit. But there you could put a lot of noah to protect them.
      The units in Stiddari are really bad...

I like the idea to have a LOTR style. But to perform it in a good way I think the game style would be very different to the threee games (With race specific bonuses and so on...)
    • Spectra wrote:

Hmm, maybe we could have a bunch of ancient civilizations that people could pick and they get a bonus based off of what group they're in?
      Talked to Danny about this, basically he said this is possible, but the code rework would have to be done firstly.. So since having a multi race game would mean x3 workload for me, id say both code rework and new themed game would be finished around the same time-frame (No official dates for any, in case, some get there hopes up too quickly)

So, since many players are reading but not many posting (Like always :/ ) and since those posting are mostly all to flavor of a multi race game, i think with the progress that has been done so far, we would be look at two different themes, Ancient Civilisations (Romans, Spartan, Aztec, etc...) or Fantasy (Elves, Orcs, Humans, etc..)

The fantasy races are much easier to choose, since there limited, the ancient civilisations could be a bit harder, but much easier for names, descriptions, etc...

Please do keep commenting, i will open a pool soon.

Edit

It may be abit more easier to seperate Civilaitations correctly, Greek, Chinese, Egyptian, Inca, Maya

• Prett wrote:

Starscream wrote:

Also, please the new themed game, please OPTIMISE the units/fleet/troops or whatever we will have, becouse the format in stiddari works, but in universe doesent, due to camos and noahs. So please stick with format of stiddari, so that there is one the stomngest unit, or optimise the format where we can and need to use several units in the end game, but not in the way is right now, with noahs and camos.
      I don't think so... U4k works better than stiddari. Stiddari isn't balanced really good. In U4k we had the same, when the Sentih was the strongest Unit. But there you could put a lot of noah to protect them.The units in Stiddari are really bad...

I like the idea to have a LOTR style. But to perform it in a good way I think the game style would be very different to the threee games (With race specific bonuses and so on...)

You do understand thats the reason there are no attacks? Multi units in end game like here are a problem. People who can/want to attack do sentis/lex/lev, but then they face people who have no desire to attack and mass produce noahs and camos, then the problems begins...mobile players are to weak due to index, and people with camos and noash cant move, its too expensive and takes alot of time, so we become in a stale like we do for the last year with basicly the same people doing attacks all over again whiit simular results.
      [DT] DREAM TEAM
    • Starscream wrote:

Prett wrote:

Starscream wrote:

I don't think so... U4k works better than stiddari. Stiddari isn't balanced really good. In U4k we had the same, when the Sentih was the strongest Unit. But there you could put a lot of noah to protect them.The units in Stiddari are really bad...

You do understand thats the reason there are no attacks? Multi units in end game like here are a problem. People who can/want to attack do sentis/lex/lev, but then they face people who have no desire to attack and mass produce noahs and camos, then the problems begins...mobile players are to weak due to index, and people with camos and noash cant move, its too expensive and takes alot of time, so we become in a stale like we do for the last year with basicly the same people doing attacks all over again whiit simular results.
      I think currently the most important subject is the theme...
      Firstly the Names & descriptions need to be done, then will come the values, but untill then there is still alot of time.

Roadmap has been created.. so far, its just names & descriptions... The game will most likely start with some default values, just with the bonuses worked and then a beta phase will start for testing and balancing.

Once we have the theme and the races, then we can talk about each bonus and after that the bonuses.

• Kod aka System wrote:

<p>We want a new server off stiddari, not a game like stiddari !!!! Bullshit !!!!</p>

EDIT

Firstly have some respect towards the community and secondly towards those that actualy take a helping part towards the servers and all games.

Luckily that one guy has put the time into the programming and the economical costs so that you can play you have a Stiddari server if that guy has said repeatedly he currently is very busy you respect that and wait, just like everyone else, you are not special.

If you have nothing to help this thread stay out of it, since some players do like the idea and wish to help towards improvement.

Next Spam with disrespect will not be a Spam warning, learn to give your opinion with respect and then you will be heard.

Stv3N
      i agree with him.
      with all due respect ravenc and steven. thank you for hosting a game we all can play for free and have fun outside our daily lives.
      on the contrary i think the games we have now need more attention rather than making a new game.
    • @Stven you should find two or three people that can help and assist with whatever you need help with, delegate a little more and it will easier for you as well. I'm sure there are people here who know how to code and do all that, why not get their help, I'm sure they would do it for free.

Make sure the weakness from u4k and stiddari like the combat engine are fixed.

I say either ancient civilization divided in 3 or 4 major kingdoms.
      Romans
      Spartans
      Persians
      Greeks

Same for fantasy theme game 3 or 4 races have some buffs and weaknesses that would counter balance and make it fair.
      Humans - great economy/decent reserach/decent army
      Elves - great Research/decent economy/ weak army
      Dwarfs - great building of troops/mediocre economy/good army
      Orcs - slow build/weak research/decent economy/strong army
      ALONE I'M LETHAL, AS A TEAM WE DOMINATE. [HIT]
    • Would you like a new themed Game? 20
        Yes, with an ancient civilization (Roman, Greek, etc..) (8) 40%
        Yes, with a fantasy theme (Elves, Humans, Orcs, etc..) (5) 25%
        Yes with an other theme (4) 20%
        No (3) 15%

Starkiller wrote:

@Stven you should find two or three people that can help and assist with whatever you need help with, delegate a little more and it will easier for you as well. I'm sure there are people here who know how to code and do all that, why not get their help, I'm sure they would do it for free.
      The current problem is that for someone to be able to help code, the code rework is firstly needed.
      Once that is done RaVenC already said he wouldn't mind getting help.
      Lastly some time ago, we did try to find people that could help, most people are just not interested in helping....

Starkiller wrote:

Make sure the weakness from u4k and stiddari like the combat engine are fixed.
      The combat system would probably be a little different since with 4 different civilizations/races it would have to be balanced nicely.

Starkiller wrote:

I say either ancient civilization divided in 3 or 4 major kingdoms.
      Romans
      Spartans
      Persians
      Greeks
      Historical there is a problem with these civilisations, Spartans where part of the ancient Greeks and the Romans invaded the Greeks, so if we want the theme to be realistic, we cant have any random civilisations, as i said Spartans inst even a civilisation.
      Apart from historical facts, we need something that makes sense research, building troop way...

So, making the most sense is as follows, Romans, Greeks, Egyptian would be 3 must, the third could be any from Inca, Maya, Persian, Chinese, etc. If we think about each civ bonus it could easier to decide.

Starkiller wrote:

Same for fantasy theme game 3 or 4 races have some buffs and weaknesses that would counter balance and make it fair.
      Humans - great economy/decent reserach/decent army
      Elves - great Research/decent economy/ weak army
      Dwarfs - great building of troops/mediocre economy/good army
      Orcs - slow build/weak research/decent economy/strong army

The fantasy theme is abit easier to decide what races and there bonus... Only think i see from with the above is that its not very balanced... Humans & Dwarfs have everything positive, Elves and Orcs have negative bonuses.

It would be easier to set bonuses if we break down into Buildings (Build Speed/cost), Attack Troops(Attack index), Defensive Troops(defence index), Research (Research speed/cost), Resources (Production Speed/amount)

I think now is time for a Poll

• I always look at various Browser Game platforms ;

there is a lack of good browser game of this style:

- Mafia
      - Western

there are not good browser game of this type!

Instead, the web is saturated with browser game in style Fantasy, Historical and Space.

I suggest you to work on the Mafia and Western style, to have a higher affluence of players!

Recommendations:

The troops attack, with great speed (assassins or scouts), they do increase the inactivity of the players
      , then the death of a server