What is the best playing style?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Agreed simply having a defence unit with multipliers against camo's is pointless if they cost to much to send to attack some1 then the defences will never be hit.

I would like more regular battles but with the main strategy being build tons of camo's it means the bigger people get the more it costs to move and the lower the chances of people making attack simply because they cost to much to move and people as already stated feel they need to build them for defensive reasons also to protect themselves.

There will be a stalemate where people need to build them to remain competitive but also need to build them to defend against others building them.

eventually people will have way to many to move to make a battle and people will just sit and wait for others to come to them as they cost so much to move. which of course most people will do sit and wait.

This ultimately will lower the frequency of battles. Thus in my mind killing the server.

Of course this is only my opinion but as in JPR's case and when CK battled with Destroyer these are the 2 times I see camo's have helped a lower player hit a higher player.

Now that every1 knows building camo's gives huge attack in big numbers it means every1 is building them to out build other players and it is suicide to not build them because you can never match the attack with other ships that camo's give in such a short space of time.

I personally have got a little bored of building them and built maybe 30k in the last week. Simply cause I feel I have to add them as others keep raising them.

I could build them very fast and sit and sit and sit but Im kinda bored up here and the more I buid the harder it is to move and make attacks. As some1 who likes to attack this strategy is not good for me personally but I have no choice but to build them to match others attack indexes.
    • No top player has mass produced Camo bombers with the intention of being unable to move their fleet. Only people making this claim against others. The same people you would think are actively looking to fight and keep such a fleet from growth, but....

Jpr, I think you get it, so does stubigman, and I think Destroyer is getting it too. The cycle of I build them because you build them is called changing your strategy to address your opponents strategy. What all the complaining in this board is about, is that there were no alternate strategies before, and noone had to make a decision how they wanted to build their fleet. The biggest decision was weither you are building a fleet out of iron (LEV) or lutinum (LEX,Sentih). Now you guys have to make different decisions. Some people have to change to play like others. But what is being ignored alot here is that defense index so massively outweighs attack in this game, that still building a near purely defense index based fleet like you guys are used to minimizes losses in the first round.

Camo/noah full fleets cost alot to move, and take more loss than Sentih/Lex/Lev, There are clear disadvantages to them. I agree that someone who built just camos, and used them as defense would suck. But so far, the people with them are looking to fight.... and instead of step up, I hear complaint. Can we fight before I DO have to many to move? Or are we complaining about fewer and fewer attacks, while we are sending our troops to non-buildings every time we sleep?
    • Spectra wrote:

I feel like Stu is right though. Eventually everyone will have too many to move & everyone will have an impenetrable fortress of camo's because nobody can move enough of them.
      This is my point. I personally stopped building them, my reason being If I build more I will have issues moving my fleets, however if I dont build enough then im too easy to take down. Yet Ive stopped building them because this will mean 1 I cant really move to attack, and then 2 no1 will want to attack me. This effectively puts me out of the game. Having a fleet you can neither move without huge expense or people wont attack means for me it would get very boring.

I would not like the game to be this way I enjoy making attacks and I enjoy people wanting to make battles with me. Without this the game is pointless and thats why making a big battle Im more than happy to do. Yes I could just keep growing, or I make a battle and hope others will come hunting me when I have a smaller fleet. That then brings the fun back into it.

However my going down will not solve the problem because the next in line can achieve the same situation.

As i say my true feelings are bringing the cost of them down to move will mean people are more likely to make a battle knowing they can move around.

Otherwise I could sit and make 400-500k camo's in a month and would be simply the guy with loadsa points who does nothing with them. It would be more like cant do anything with them lol.
    • I am starting to think that the key to addressing this is actually having a more fluid game. One that changes as we get into these circumstances more. For example, when Stiddari reached a point that attacks were too expensive, RavenC added a new tech to reduce movement costs. This is one example of how to try to balance the game as it becomes more unbalanced. Another example is the complete button that comes up on productions in the final 5 minutes. This helped speed up the early game alot as we dwarfed the effects that are gained early. I think that we should all be able to agree that there hasnt really been a perfect balance at any point, and even in our complaints, we offer options that are also not balanced, or not addressing the problems of imbalance that already exists.

I think that instead of talking about getting rid of ships, or calling peoples strategies inferior for using them, we should talk about what the next adaptation to the game is to help balance it out. I think that obviously a solution is a new ship. One that is attack heavy, but very expensive and long to build. It would have a higher impact per consumption than stealth bombers, and would in the long run make those ships less significant without damaging people who have devoted time to them already.

Another solution I feel is having research branching where we add a couple new researches, but players have to chose WHICH they want, and are limited to less than all of them. This will create more individuality in accounts as well. Ideas are things like "Bonus to attack index while attacking," "Bonus to defense index while defending," "Increased attack speed," "Increased resource income," "Increased building speed," "Increased research speed," "Increased troop production speed," etc. If you could select only ONE research, it was very expensive to upgrade, and that you could pay to reset and select a new research at level 0. I think this gives people a few more paths to play.
    • Attack heavy. The Sentih, Lex, and Lev have almost the exact same ratio of attack:defense indexes. They are just scaled a little bit differently, and have different costs and consumption. The big difference with Camos is that they have a very different ratio of attack:defense index.

I think a bigger troop than the sentih that is weighted mostly in attack index, with weaker defense index and lower consumption than the camos (proportionally to how much higher its indexes are obviously)

The idea is to force people to diversify their fleets to compete in different ways. This race of who can build the most lex/lev/sentih is lame. I agree with the predictions of what will happen if we just keep on the same path, but I think that is no worse than if we just stopped playing with camos. Both are terribly unbalanced systems. If we scale up the game as the game gets farther and farther in, we can at least keep the discussion about re-balancing, instead of arguing about whose causing the imbalance.....
    • there is only one problem and its not unbalancing or nothing like that is too much points only that, I said this endgame to some people andI'm going to turn this public, my suggestion is let make targets and do the attacks... clean the entire top 30/35 and then agree that no one can be on top 10 more the one month, so be obliged to attack, we are only a few so we can make it happen, we can even create a new HOf section because no one will be able to suppress that one after the attacks.
    • We will get stuck..people will continue building camos, people who dont have camos wont attack becouse why would people suicide into someone having 300k of camos and being stronger on total index just becouse of them?, and the guys with camos will be stuck since they cant move the fleet near the target, and even more attack it multiple times when the target decides to run, so in the end...no attacks, all stuck at home with 300-500k of camos...then we can really rename it to Farmville or Camo Cold War
      [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/jV1WIIN.jpg]
      [DT] DREAM TEAM
    • Everything is okay so far, the bombers boost your attack but are expensive to move, but sentihs attack is too low, even though it is the best" and most expensive ship, we shold imporve the sentih stats.

Lowering the cost of moving bombers will only benefit those who have thousands of them.

Improving the sentih is stats is even fair for those who spent so much producing them and invest in research to increase its stats
    • The combat update should help the situation, it will place 50 bombers on the same lut cost as 1 sentih, and both will give roughly the same attack index.. Bomber costs less hydro to build, but a lot more to move.. sentih costs more hydro up front but is cheaper when it comes to using it.

However the new combat update will also bring with it a new set of circumstance that may or may not be open to exploitation.

This could still involve the bombers and their multipliers though.. I think the only way to address bombers is to slightly lower their consumption cost while also increasing the hydrogen cost to build them?

It will make them easier to attack with, but I think we need that to prevent turtling. Remember that the bomber has a slower flight time compared to other fleets which is another disadvantage.
    • Synyster Gates wrote:

clean the entire top 30/35 and then agree that no one can be on top 10 more the one month, so be obliged to attack, we are only a few so we can make it happen
      I cant believe. Flower can tell us how we should play. I only regret one thing... Why didnt u show this? What a bullshit.

Stubigman wrote:

Otherwise I could sit and make 400-500k camo's in a month and would be simply the guy with loadsa points who does nothing with them. It would be more like cant do anything with them lol
      Ofc. I agree, but we have to choose. We can push fleet and be like a flower or we can push fleet and hit someone. Only you can decide what u gonna do :) Player X likes fighting, player Y likes collecting, player Z loves strategy and tactic and u cant change it.

Guys, please dont cry about hydrogen. Moving camos is expensive but its only your problem. If u chose this strategy so... its your pain in the ass. U r crying about CR, but to be honest... Who would like to fight (5 players max)? Everyone is writing about CR, but what did we do last 5 months?

If your enemies are playing with camos u can do it the same... beter/ quicker or... dont forget about FS.

CannabisKid wrote:

The Sentih, Lex, and Lev have almost the exact same ratio of attack:defense indexes. They are just scaled a little bit differently, and have different costs and consumption. The big difference with Camos is that they have a very different ratio of attack:defense index
      In my opinion thats the point.

Stronger sentih, weaker camos.

BTW.
      And I dont understand something....

Spy and Surveillance

Stealth Technologies
      Explosive Projectiles
      Plasma Bullets

Spy and Surveillance

Stealth Technologies
      Advanced Armour
      Shielding Technology
      Attack Bonus
      Defense Bonus

Where is ionization (and maybe energy couplings)? Because of this...

================================
      EDIT 1.

BLACKDRAGON wrote:

NO REAL BATTLES THIS MONTH, MISAKI WAS A REAL FIGHTER AND DID NOT CARE ABOUT THE POINTS, MY RESPECTS FOR HIM
      Little mistake! WAS IS! Yes Im still here althought someone accused me of cheating. What a honour! Me, myslef, I and BOT feel great nad we r still playing :) Yes, u had a feeling... ;-)

Misaki Taro
      Eloi, Eloi lama sabachthani?

The post was edited 1 time, last by makaroni ().

• but now I'm being forced to mass produce camos, so be it

nobody forces you.

I'm done with camos. I've built them in masses, but I don't want it anymore. I have decided to go another way. I'll use them and afterwards won't produce new ones. But since I don't stand a chance against camos then, I'll refuse to fight with people having camos.

Maybe that's also a way to do it. I'll see.
    • Himura Battousai wrote:

Sirius Delta wrote:

but now I'm being forced to mass produce camos, so be it
      nobody forces you.
      Yeah no one is forcing me, but the current situation and being able to defend myself is forcing me to mass produce them. :)

You, as well as me, have the choice to get out of the "system". I won't produce camos anymore, knowing that I won't stand a chance against most players here. What is your choice?

And by the way @Brandy Holmes: I'll answer you here since it'S the right place to discuss, not again in some CR thread. Keep the facts straight. The biggest part of my battlepower is not camos. Again this is just a claim without knowing the facts. Also I already said that I won't build them anymore. I didn't want to do it anyway. I did it because I had the same thought as Battousai. But now I'm done with that. You're invited to follow my way to a server where there are still fights of active players.