What is the best playing style?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Personally Im not a huge fan of this camo tactic either, However my reason being the cost of moving to attack people. I believe if the cost to move them was much lower that more battles would happen. Im very much a person who likes to attack rather than defend and i'd have travelled round the universe by now but unfortunately the hydro cost is so high I cant move around I can but plan 1 attack at a time with weeks in between.

For me it's not building camo's that are stopping attacks it's the cost they are to move. If RavenC was able to bring the cost of moving them down considerably im sure we would all have fun chasing people around. Spending 100-130 mil hydro to move a fleet to attack people is defo not fun at all and thats why it is weeks before attacks can be made.

If this concern could be voiced to RavenC maybe he can look at bringing the costs down, especially as at the moment camo's have no affect on rockets which were primarily what they were used for in the old s4k days. If they are to be used at this time as a main part of the fleet then please bring the costs down and lets all have more battles :)
    • I would disagree with changing the cost of camo movement , at least more than 25%. This is because I feel part of the strategy of the game is analyzing the cost associated with fleet composition. Meaning I belive there are people who have invested less into camos due to the fact they are little gas guzzlers! At the same time, I am torn with the desire to see more fighting.

Im sure nerfing camos stats would be as disagreeable to those who have invested time into them, but that would be my vote as it would encourage senith attacks. Spectras idea is way simpler but then brings up the topic of modifiers, a planned thing.
    • Iv never been much of a fan of s4k, ogame, etc i was allways a Vendetta player.. This said, i remember that when you had big fleets it used to take 1-2 weeks to prepare a new building near your enemy then about 3 days to move all your troops and maybe c couple more days to actually send the attack, maybe you had to do this múltiple times....

Maybe the problem is in u4k youv all got alot of troops dont produce enough, maybe the problem is resources - troops are unbalanced.

Anyway like everything in life stuff evolve, maybe today users dont want those months, years it used to be back in the days but something abit more quicker to get more action...

The problem can be viewed diferently the hard bit is to find the best solución. RaVenC thinks this is with modifiers and hopefully this month we will have a beta server.
      FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BOARD | GAME
      Mail: Stv3N@gmx.es

Allways remember, follow the rules, respect others and most important have FUN! :thumbsup:
      "Give your hand and they will take your arm."
    • Ogame is different kind of game, and ogame was perfectly balanced game. Vendetta was all about mercs...universe has more then one ship, but still..everyone now just builds camos and no fights will happen if it continues like that. Costs are already high enought, and with all those camos going and that some of us are forced to build camos to keep up with most of the guys just spamming them 24h we will eventualy become all like a dreadnought, slow, cannot move alot and fights will be even rare.

Some people say they want fights, but all they do is build 200-300k of camos, and then they expect the few of us that build sentis/lex to come and hit them, and lose. And if we dont do it, then we are called cowards, but where is the logic? Doing 500k of camos and then calling people out to attack you, when you clearly know you are going to win over them due to att index.
      [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/jV1WIIN.jpg]
      [DT] DREAM TEAM
    • only sentihs would be better, the cammos/noah strategy is something that everyone with lower index can do to deff but atm the high resources production acc can do a lot of them too so its hard this way. The best way would be raven take the hydro needed to move down, we make the battles and then some way of making cammos not so strong.
    • Spectra wrote:

I feel like just lowering the hydro cost makes it too easy to have that mass camo
      This would be true to a point, however people will be more likely to make the battles.

Each ship can be "mass" produced if you have the highest shipyards and you farm alot. When I say mass produced I mean these 2 factors would allow 1 player to out build another on a particular ship. It is simply about if you structure yourself correctly.

However camo costs being lower means we are more likely to make attacks more often because 1 and a half weeks worth of hydro just to move is huge at only 65 million points, how will we see even bigger battles if we cant move the ships?

If we just say senthi's are the most powerful and thats it, then it's the same situation people with highest farming and shipyards will produce the most. Except the cost of senthi's to move is much much lower.

So this shows it is not the type of ship that is the issue and how many we can build. It is simply about the cost of moving them which is making attacks less regular.

To simply make camo's weaker at this point would not work. All the time and effort gone into building them would be wasted if they were simply made weaker.

Hydro cost of moving them is what I see to be holding us back from more regular attacks.
    • I think Stu has the closest to my opinion, but many of you are making solid points.

Camos cost so much to move, because that is how you make them less significant than the "real troops" that keep getting talked about (I disagree greatly at this title, but I am referring to sentih, lex, lev. Only those with no strategy skills consider these the only "real troops".) Reducing the cost of them to move will create more battles with them, but also allow more of them for nerfing. Under the current costs, whoever has 300k+ of them will be spending SERIOUS resources to avoid being hit with them. Their fleetsaving will actually cost a great deal, both in the lame "im going offline" way, and in the "dodging an attack" way. The fact that moving those troops to protect them once or twice totals to close to an entire days worth of hydro production is called BALANCE.....

I think the most balanced change that can be made is giving a defensive tower a bonus vs camos, as well as a weak troop like shakals.

The claims that we need to do away with camos, or that camo strategies are the problem are ignorant. The top player was in the top spot for over a year without a single attack, so I call absolute BS at the claim there were "more attacks before camos." The attacks were just less important. There are TWO INDEXES in this game. LEX, LEV, and Sentih have almost the same ratio of attack:defense indexes. Claiming these are the only troops is just dumb, and self-serving at best. The strategy of Attack heavy armies vs defense heavy armies is called STRATEGY..... The insistence that we dont allow such things is in no way strategy....

If you are going to complain about a hypothetical situation in which people build so many of a troop that they cannot move them, perhaps refusing to do battle with said person before they reach that point says more about your own courage than the other persons strategy....
    • Reggie, the use of bombers doesn't need defending? It's quite obviously a good tactic..

Why build just sentih and lex when you know that it is not the most efficient at making a fighting fleet?

Identifying an efficient way of doing something and then ignoring it is even more stupid than arguing about it all the time..
    • Jpr wrote:

Reggie, the use of bombers doesn't need defending? It's quite obviously a good tactic..

Why build just sentih and lex when you know that it is not the most efficient at making a fighting fleet?

Identifying an efficient way of doing something and then ignoring it is even more stupid than arguing about it all the time..
      Bombers seem expensive so why build a fleet you cant move and for god sake why build a defending fleet on a server that needs action and then call others cowards becouse they dont wanna attack those defending fleets ???
    • personally being one of the smallest members of the largest alliance I found it easy way to compete and helps to deter attacks.. Allowed me to hit people with much older/bigger accounts as well - especially if they ignored researches too.

I'm not calling out anyone as a coward, it is not cowardly to avoid fights you think you will lose, just common sense.

With all the bombers about now though yes I do agree it will become stale.. And maybe some change needs to be made to help negate the huge amount of bombers
    • nop its not valid but if for exemple me, im top 3 and with one of the most high index in game, if i attack someone mid table only with sentih and lex i will lose the battle, atm i can mass produce cammos, im not happy with it, since it's a pain to move them but it's the meta in here.

I dont want to start any discution, but someone suggested to do some kind of deff with % vs cammos, it wont help because there will be no attacks...