Concerning noob protection and combat system

• Concerning noob protection and combat system

Hi everybody!

I'd like to present you the noob protection and the "combat system" applied in a french online game named "projet genesis" (yes, I think I already told you about this game :P )
      For me it's a good way to fix some issues concerning the fair-play of some attacks AND to promote much more fights and team work in this game. Lets see.

----------------------------------------------------------

Simple attacks :

What amount of fleet am I allowed to send ?
      In projet genesis there is a noob protection which consist in : an attack from a player with more than the double of points than his target will occur ONLY IF the amount of fleet points sent doesn’t overpass the totality of the defender points.

Lets clarify with an example :

Player A with 1000 points who wants to attack a Player B.
      Case number 1 : Player B has less than 501 points. The fight can happen ONLY IF Player A send a fleet ≤ to the total points of Player B. If not, the fight won’t happen.
      Case number 2 : Points of Player B are > 500. The Fight will occur no matter the attacker’s fleet.

How long will last the fight ?

There are 2 possible duration for a fight : Either instantaneous or 5 minutes (the second to close !)

The fight will last 5 minutes in the following cases :
      - Target isn’t in an alliance
      - A defender (other than the target) is in orbit of the attacked planet
      - The two fighters are in alliances in declared war
      - The target belong to an alliance which is not in declared war with the attacker’s alliance AND the target has less than 50% of the attacker’s points
      - The attacker doesn’t belong to an alliance. In this case all fights will always last 5 minutes EXCEPT if the defender is in an alliance and has between 50% and 100% of the attacker’s points

In any other cases, fight will be instantaneous.

Grouped attacks :

There is a reason for the fights to last 5 minutes.
      The duration of the fight allows players to do grouped attacks … and grouped defenses ;)
      But in that case there are also rules to follow.

Here they are :

If we are in 5-minutes-fight configuration, all fleet (ally or enemy) arriving within the 5 minutes will entirely participate to the fight.
      So with coordination it’s easy to build up grouped attacks or defenses.

There is still a problem to solve : how to know if a fleet will be allowed to fight or not. The simple way to explain is :
      - the total amount of fleet points sent can’t overpass 190% of the target’s total points.
      - Every player with more than the double of point than the defender can’t send more than 100% of the defender total points
      - There can’t be more than 5 attackers and 5 defenders in a fight
      - If there is an organized defense, the 190% mentioned before correspond to the sum of the points of all the defensers, not only the first target.

It is important to notice that in case of multiple attackers or defenders, the fight will be run like if there were only two fighting fleets. The destroyed ships are chosen depending of the multipliers and after randomly among the involved players. So it normal to see a loser in the winner camp :D

----------------------------------------------------------

I'm aware that these rules doesn't prevent a player with 3,1M points to get hit full force by a player with 6M points but it's still prevent the bigger overzealous acts :thumbsup:
      More, I think these rules can promote the team work for attacks and defenses AND also for a mean player to participate to much more combats than actually ;)

To finish I wanted to say that I know we are not going to adopt such modifications (And maybe we have not right to do this since there must be a copyright or something same to protect PG game) but it could be the start of useful talking and also it would allow to measure the players's feeling about such rules :saint:

Thanks for reading me :thumbup:
    • Man, I went tired reading those rules. For me personally this is way too complicated. I couldn't even remember it while reading ^^

I like when players make suggestions to develop the game further, but I don't really see a point in modifications that change the game totally, sometimes even making the game quite similar to other games.

tl;dr: adding comfort improvements: yes. changing the game mechanics: no. :)
    • Yeah , its too complicated
      I think the best noobprotect , is simple noobprotect. So every noob and everybody other will know it
      So ? Points

Example

If you have 10 000 points , then u know , how to play , fight , build , escape with resources , build Silos/Tanks/Magazines etc.

Less than 10 000 - nobody can attack you.

It can be 5000 or 20 000 points - players should vote how many.
      So ? U can sleep well at start of the game , and later , it is time to become adult - and play with adults.
      If you dont like the attacks , play simcity

No need to make 10x scale - when TOP will have billions of points , just reset server and have fun again!
    • If you dont like the attacks , play simcity

Funny that this sentence is said by someone who mostly goes into vmode after being attacked ^^

Less than 10 000 - nobody can attack you.

What about the beginning of a new server? Do you want to wait for everybody reaching one fix mark before they can attack? That would make all the low tech ships completely senseless, even more than they are now, and would make the game quite boring in the beginning. Also your suggestion does not say what happens to inactives. Still 10k (or similar) minimum points to be attackable or does inactivity quit the noobmode?