competition

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• competition

I have an idea for an interesting update that could go along with an ongoing, set-time competition.

The system records the amount of resources farmed by a player, from NON-inactive players in a set amount of time, and converts it into Raid points. Say one month.

If a player has earned Raid points, and is farmed resources by another player, they lose an equal portion of their Raid points (or if we want to be cutthroat, say any number over 1kk resources farmed, means you lose ALL your Raid points). Maybe even say troops lost lose you Raid points.

At the end of the month, rewards are given to the top 3 players remaining, in relationship to the Raid points they earned, in bounty. Top player recieves 100% of their Raid points worth of bounty, second player 75%, and third player 50%. Could even have a reward for the top 10 of 10% of their Raid points.

This is a similar idea of a feature in Ikarium that includes a completely separate attack system, etc. I think that this adaptation of it could serve as a way to get people more involved in attacking other active players, and even get the top players to attack each other, in order to prevent each other from gaining huge rewards, or to steal the rewards from others, etc. It could give lower players the opportunity to make great gains in the game, without having to have the strongest troops in the server, and still gives the people who have been playing the whole time an ability to participate and gain as well. Maybe there is a better reward system if people feel like resources are not whats needed.

Thoughts? :thumbsup: :thumbdown: :?:
    • Only one massive problem with this idea it favours massively those with massive fleets
      This results in a guaranteed gain for bigger players over the smaller ones
      However if it could have some form of mod for the fleet points each player has to balance it then perhaps it would be slightly fairer to all
      and give active smaller players the chance to gain something
    • Sirius Delta wrote:

Just to make sure I understood it correctly: If i farm 5k iron, 3k lut and 1k hydro in one month without being farmed myself, I could double my gain?

If you are the player with the most Raid points at the end of the month, yes, if not, you only get a portion, or none at all if you dont rank, paid through the bounty system.

Demo, while I can understand that concern, I also see it as the type of attack that doesnt require bigger troops, as destroying troops is not the way you EARN points, but the way you destroy other peoples points. In addition to this being only relevant to players that are active, the biggest fleets dont necessarily mean anything...

For example, I know for a fact that I farm more than anyone in the top 5, and I am far from their troop amounts.

This would allow a young player to build a bunch of noah, make it in the top 10 his first month, take those proceeds, and build more noahs to make it higher in the ranks the next month. But because its not just about the number of troops you have, but the resources you steal from active players, there is strategy involved as well, not just pure numbers. While the people at the top DO have an advantage, it requires them to work hard to actually win. They dont win purely because of economy, or troop numbers. There will be an interaction of strategy and luck involved in being able to farm from active players.

An idea I had to restrict the troops would be to make only resources collected by espionage probes count. That way you have to go clear buildings first before you can collect the resources. It obviously means the people with more troops can clear buildings easier, but the resources gained are up for anyones grabs. Probes are such a benign unit, and can easily be beat, that it would give some more strategy to both sides, offense and defense.

Other prize ideas include 24 hrs 200% research, 24 hrs 200% building production, 24 hrs 200% troop production, Bonus levels of Engine Tech, etc.

The post was edited 2 times, last by CannabisKid ().

• sure give more advantages to the people that farm, and for those that build and build economy? ;) if that happen would turn this a farming game and nothing more since all other strategy would lose to farming.
      If that would happen that would mean that active people that haven't that much time get fall over even more and quit the game ;)
    • The player with the largest economy and who doesnt farm has been sitting on top for how long doing absolutely nothing?

Are you seriously suggesting that this game is not already slanted very much in your direction?

And it would not prevent you from having your participation.

Again, your complaint is because you play farmville... While you dont ever ever ever ever ever ever attack active players, and you JUST build economy and troops... lol.

This idea only applies to attacking active players. not farming inactives. Just because you want to push a button then sleep for a day.... lol.
    • When destroyer talks its like the major bank owners arguing against regulation... its a joke.

The reason that Demo gave against this, follows the train that Destroyer gains the most advantage. And here he is complaining, because it would mean he has to click more buttons if he wants to stay on top.... hahahahaha. Farmville for life!!!!

Demo wrote:

name calling helps no one

Name calling?
      You guys have gotten so childishly sensitive about anything that I cant even critique where an opinion comes from without five of you crying.... Who here is an adult?

Clearly none of you have any experience with debate...

The post was edited 1 time, last by CannabisKid ().

• Destroyer 90% of the Gamer here are better then you
      That you get "Player of the Year" say all about what happend with Space4-Universe..

DT is not standing on Top without you.

The only Players who make DT "strong" or help it build and build and not more
      are CannabisKid and Fenix... ;)

Fenix and Canna was all time atting other gamers

also make every time other or new gamer good jobs as
      sirius ,Typhonous or JPR... :thumbsup:

the rest only build not more and then you think you are good?

Yes you are standing on Top but then i never attacked someone since i Play i there be it also

but its a fight Game not Farmville
      or better say i had my fun then i was gaming then i go
      and you? ?( ?(

everyone should play like he means....
      the loss goes and the game is dying
      but construction yourself not done up to other who make it all Possible
      there you are standing now ;)
    • Starscream wrote:

Do i really need to start talking??

If you have something to contribute... Please do. Id rather it was about how to make the idea work best in the community, but the content is your call.

What was taken as "name calling" (which there was never a name called btw...), was challenging the origin of an opinion. This is normal in debate. When the person who is speaking out, is doing so solely because it is in their best interest, it is COMPLETELY within my right to call that out. The crying about it is what is causing more problems than anything else. This is not kindergarten. There has been no cursing (except Destroyers creative use of "beach"), and there has been no name calling (except again, the same example...)

Lets display that we are adults and find a way back to the topic. Ill assume more conversation against the topic is admittance of the absence of maturity.
    • I truly believe that the only chance we have of having a game that has real activity is if we work on helping create ideas that will give more avenues for people to grow, early, and after the start of the server, and to make it so that people have a reason to continue to play. Watching one person stay on top is not at all making people stay. People want to see activity. My ideas are only to promote more ways to grow within the game, that hopefully give as close to as even of a potential to all players as possible.

A new combat system, along with a few other features, and a new server will be needed for us to really bring activity up. There is no incentive for new people here, and we have not come up with even decent ideas to implement that would change that. There are now some of the top players in the game so bored with the imbalance, that they are leaving too. This is an issue we HAVE to deal with, or we will lose this server, and no one will care who is on top.

I dont think these ideas SOLVE problems for this server, but I think they help to frame a server where there are more paths to the top, and where its harder for players to become unreachable.
    • Well, the origin game that it comes from, you dont use normal troops at all for the side game. But I was trying to be more original, and find a way to integrate it into this game. Do you have suggestions to make it more balanced, but to give more avenues to grow?

Because I will say that yes, I think that promoting people attacking other active people gives the best opportunities for equal POTENTIAL growth to everyone. Farming inactive's seems like it would wildly favor the people who just click the most number of times.

If we made the only unit that counts for farming the Probe, and made it so you steal Raid Points from others by killing their probes, then even the person that's defending has an ability to participate in this game, by killing off the incoming troops, and gaining their own Raid Points.
    • if anything it should be an option. lower point players are already attacked when active. for the attackers (top 15 players) they will always have the advantage. it just sounds like a "king of the hill' type scenario to me and i feel that the winner are going to win more and the losers will lose more.
      the balance comes by allowing EVERYBODY to build more than 1 building without paying and able to see who is 7 days inactive. it might sound ludicrous but in order to have more avenues to grow the game needs to be more challenging.

just by clicking makes it easy and a lazy game. if all one person has to do is click to win then the game is going to continue to decline
    • But a lower point player that defended against the probes would make huge gains against the top players.

If I have 30000 probes, and have stolen 100kk resources, killing one probe will net you a large amount stolen from me, and you can do it as the defender.

Im not sure I understand what you mean by your suggestion. Every player in the game has an equal ability to make more buildings. It takes research, and resources, but every person here earned those, or had a friend push them. There is no "pay," And all players CAN see who is 7 days inactive....