A little more action pls..

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New server has to happen, if only for the reason of having the short term activity. I dont think it should hurt this server, but the only people that having 1 single server serves, is the people at the top. Again, we dont play this game to maintain the couple people with the best accounts. Your account wouldnt exist without the early farming and interaction of hundreds of accounts that are now in vacation. New servers are not meant to coddle the people who are winning the current one, they are meant to give people a REASON to come back, and a chance to try new tactics.

I for one will be excited for a new server to start. Not the traditional speed server we have seen in the past, but perhaps some parts of it sped up. Timing a new server with a new combat system would be awesome too...
  • I would definitely participate in a new server as long as the speed won't be changed. At this point I agree with CK. A new combat system makes the most sense when it is applied to an old server for testing, but to a new server to give everyone the chance to change his tactics in order to use the changes in the best way. I personally realize after one year of playing on this server that I could have done way better if I had done some things differently, so I'd love to have another chance to start again from the beginning and to try new tactics :)
  • New server, new fresh start, opportunities to try something you wanted or missed/did wrong on the last server.

Speeding up the server, hm...meybe only 2× and only some parts of it, but it could deviate even more for people who have lots of free time

I am personaly happy with my build...would only change a couple of things, and i will be doing that on the new server
    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/jV1WIIN.jpg]
    [DT] DREAM TEAM
  • I can not say if the server will come with a new combat system or once we have alot of big updates, that is up to ravenc.

Over the time i have changed my vision from player to admin, now i do not see the reason without anything big to launch a new server and start fresh. Just so this turns into test server2, that means less speed.

Maybe if the current test server is removed it may be more possible and enough updates have been implemented so next year its not the same.
    FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BOARD | GAME
    Mail: Stv3N@gmx.es

Allways remember, follow the rules, respect others and most important have FUN! :thumbsup:
    "Give your hand and they will take your arm."
  • CannabisKid wrote:

So as the top player your perfectly fine playing with the 30ish people still playing. no shit.... what a surprise... Farmville and do everything you can to prevent a second server, so that "hard work" can mean something. What a joke

I can actually vouch for Destroyer. I played vendetta and that's exactly what occurred.
  • I played it too.... And each time a new server was made, it brought more activity back. This server has already suffered its near-death. Vendetta's death was part due to its moderation, the lack of changes near the end, and the failure of giving people a reason to play again. Raven has already talked about several updates that will bring alot more activity. But you can be sure people will not come play here, because the server is just toooooooooooo separated at this point.

Heres a different way to look at it. Ogame is still running, and it has more servers than you could imagine.

The post was edited 1 time, last by CannabisKid ().

• CannabisKid wrote:

Ogame is still running, and it has more servers than you could imagine.

For sure Ogame has a large number of servers. But, the whole design is not the same, they are financing with payable options and there is a team of programmers behind and an all society which made only online game to run all of that. In such conditions you can run lot of servers, make speed servers with some particularity for economies or on the contrary raiders. All that kind of events allow to keep the community active.

Here we can do what we want, but we need events and publicity to attract more people knowing that 50% will stay only for a week

All of that is not a critic of the game, just we are a small community and the game is run by volunteers(Am I right?) , its obviously not the same and we cant expect the same results.
  • Ogame got publicity everywhere we have zero they have 10/11 server or more because they can have it we cant.

New server = more player, that is true but the same MORE PLAYER, will come like happen on universe4k s1 and leave after 2/3 months like i said ;) I was top 3 in vendetta s3 so i know what im talking when i say this will happen. What you will see on new server after 5/6 months? same people from s1 on top 20 nothing more.

You get every opportunity to talk about me being Top 1 yes i am and im there because i deserve it you arent because you are everyone beach and you are not half the player you say you are thats all and im not going to talk more about that.
  • Destroyer wrote:

You get every opportunity to talk about me being Top 1 yes i am and im there because i deserve it you arent because you are everyone beach and you are not half the player you say you are thats all and im not going to talk more about that.

Seriously?? What the f**k is the point here? If you feel hurt, be smarter than that, report it and that's all!

About the real subject:

A second server it's a good idea even if I think its too soon.
    Of course I also want a fresh start to make things by a defferent way, but I can't run two accounts so one will die (or will be given). If there are several players like me, what destroyer said will happen for sure ;)

If we want to have a fresh server it has to be with the new combats system, not before, with picture for buildings and ships, with a plan for attracting people by publicity and payable options (one pays (a part a least) the other). If we do it before this, people will leave. Why stand in a game with "un-modern" design? There is no problem for me, I love this old fashion design but new players will look for something else.

Once again, I'm glad the game exist and I want to thanks the developers for that, really :thumbsup: , but I think that's the reality of the situation :?:
  • Id like to point out that a certain percentage of the players that started here, and quit would stay and play, because they would have refined their strategy, or not been crashed during the most important times. Also, having a changing combat system, and continued updates will also get more people to stay.

Many of the players here also play other games.

Destroyer, you've been number one in troop points for what, half a year now? and your still less than half my title points. Sigh. You are the master at farmville, I will admit. But when it comes to battle, Sirius (and maybe cell) is the only DT member so far that has earned any respect in the WAR aspect of this game... loool.
  • Ogame is not it used to be, after the redesign it all went downhill...you could even more save if it was lower then 4-5 sec, ajax was slow in the beginning and buggy, colo tech was a bit unbalanced at the start etc etc..and now it has become a pay to win game where you can buy resources.

I was NO.1 on more then 7 servers/universes in total with more then 130 HOF-s also with DT but under different name, but the point is. Ogame is nowehere as it was, vendetta didnt got enought attention like ogame mainly becouse vendetta required even more strategi then ogame, while on ogame you where limited to 9 planets( main + 8 sides) so you could easly focus on economy, but all top players like i did farmed 24h.

In short what most people dont like and get them away from this kind of games is, it takes alot of time to build an great acc, lot of patience, thinking, and people today are used to games that are helping them in any way possible, and that gives them everything at the start, so why should they spend 1 year building an top acc when they can go on ogame, spend 100 euros and be in top with alot less knowledge of the game.

This game needs faster pace, but not in the way that will speed up everything...something that will keep players active, but not give them everything at the start. Something like an "end goal" since right now there is not..you can push economy, push fleet, index for like next 5 years.
    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/jV1WIIN.jpg]
    [DT] DREAM TEAM
  • Starscream wrote:

This game needs faster pace, but not in the way that will speed up everything...something that will keep players active, but not give them everything at the start. Something like an "end goal" since right now there is not..you can push economy, push fleet, index for like next 5 years.

Exactly my feelings starscream. Im not asking to destroy this server, Ill still participate, and contend that I am leading the only real leader board :P But I would love to have another server when the changes are made to combat system so that people are on a relatively even scale when we get an opportunity to try new strategies. It seems that even with a change, those few of us that have developed monster economies will have the real advantage. I think incentives to cause battles will be a big update as well.
  • I lead because of alot more than I post. Do the math, all of loquis attacks are posted :) Sirius knows that the leaders dont post every single attack that puts them on top :D

But considering I have less than half, or a third the top players current troop points, I still hold the top spot.

We have had many discussions about removing troop points from the leader board equation completely :) In which I still get to be among the top

I hope that is not true. I think that there is still much going on in this server. It just takes alot of TIME to overcome the advantages gained by some people. Which is why it will be difficult for you guys to take over the top title spot :P :P :P
  • New server should have new set of score to judge by, I have an idea for an alternative hi-scores. Judged by a formula that includes:

Age of account in non VM days (as a means to favour a lower number to account for efficiency and as a handicap for fairness)

Total fleet points produced ever (as a measure of output)

Then a sort of points killed to points lost ratio?

Score would be live and changing. Encouraging tactics to keep best score (not necessarily most points). Gives extra element of motivation and pride, and something achievable for newer players once server is a but older.

Maybe even you could work out a bounty gift for points Destroyed of opponent or for landmarks in score? Not claimable resources, but bounty to add onto other players, again to encourage attacking?

Maybe the later part would not be suitable for our current server, but as a means to provide short term fun and extra res, would work well for a speed server for sure. Or maybe from the start of a server.

Maybe score should also account for average planet points (excluding useless defence buildings?) and also research points?

What do people think? Obviously it would be tough to balance any formula, but maybe it would be possible.

I think it would make the game much more interesting and give people something to aim for other than points.

Although saying that we already have title points, and half the server seem to ignore that. I joined server 4 months late and made it to top 10 title without much issue

The post was edited 1 time, last by Jpr ().

• What a bunch of losers in here. "i'm number 1 because i deserve it"
    Farmville and no balls.
    Look at cell or sirius. They actually use their fleet as it is ment in a !!!wargame!!!
    You are nr1, sure, great economy and so on. Farmville, nothing more.
    "I can counter" ... Everybody can. Try to hit a fleet yourself for once like terminator or others do. Destroyer: you simply failed the system. Every unemployed guy can get nr1 like you did without having any skill. Noob ;)

A new server would help alot. Several new players came who simply got no chance to close the big point difference between them and players that play the game for nearly 1.5 years now. Look at he status quo. Few players pushing mines and indexes, talking big but doing nothing. The server is dead and you rape it's body.
    A new server would mean fun again, even with the current cs. It's all about getting big and fights, not about having acp 2000 and no balls to fight.
    Guess i gonna look in again next month, maybe something will change. And just maaaaaybe destroyer uses his fleet once and shows us a big battle instead of only talking about it. Little chicken. Remember how scared you were about pajton and orchez and didnt dare to move at all :'D
  • Second time i say this... Have respect towards other players or as demo says, it will be time for the hammer.

Im allways flexible, but if you guys dont know where the line is, i will have to be harder.
    FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BOARD | GAME
    Mail: Stv3N@gmx.es

Allways remember, follow the rules, respect others and most important have FUN! :thumbsup:
    "Give your hand and they will take your arm."