Unfair battles?!??

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Well for example, I crashed a player 2 ranks above me during a war. I lost 2/3 of my fleet in the process. The #4 ranked player decided to finish me off. With teamwork in play I allowed him to hit me while another player sent his fleet to smash the towers at his main, and the #11 ranked player countered his fleet. Between the losses he took from hitting my fleet (at that point he easily had 5 times the fleet with slightly better indexes), the loss of his 21,000 rockets, the #11 player was able to almost completely wipe out his fleet with the counter.

In U4k, with this combat system, those 21,000 rockets would not have been destroyed, I would have lost what was left of my fleet without dealing much damage at all, and the counter would have been defeated.
    • with the current system, you are correct. With the update that is planned, this will be changed. You can see the examples of how this will change on this thread:
      http://board.universe4k.com/index.php/Thread/1442-Unit-Rebalancing/

The current system does not differentiate between types of troops you have, and does damage from, and to them, equally. In the new system, units with modifiers will do their damage to the units they are modified against before any other damage goes through.

I understand the frustration, but you guys are talking about something we have had in the works for quite some time now. Its really just a matter of RavenC's programming right now.
    • just to bump this idea.
      i know there are works being done to improve battle system.
      but to the subject at hand. it still unfair for someone with 70+ million points to hit someone with 5 million points (more than 10x the points)
      I suggest for a revamp in noob protection.
      if someone is with 70+million points and looking for a farm why not try with someone that has been gone for 7+ days.
      at a certain amount of points( 500k ?) that player is then free game. even with an alliance its hard to get that many points.
      3. if they wanted to put in the time the top 10 players have then they would...therefore since they didn't it shouldn't be allowed for those with that many points to bully those with less.

if that 70+ million point player wanted resources so bad there are still players that have been gone for 7+ days or banned that have resources pilling up. but because they look for way targets someone then contemplates on leaving the game.

even though the game is very dry, not sure if its still a mission to increase the player count. but with top players allowed to crash players with less than 10 times points than themselves it decreases the amount of players that want to play
    • did the Player attack with 70mio points ?

Or attack the Gamer "only" with 25-30mio points?

So a 40-50mio Point gamer could attack at the same time the 70mio Player Fleet at the Main target ?

Is the same as a 10mio Player attack the 5mio Player also lose

The Problem why the 5mio Player would be attacked?
      Is it ok then He has 300mio Ressourcen ?

Look to Farmvill ! :)
    • It's the same discussion over and over again, and there will always be two positions.

This game requires a lot of time if you want to play "successfully". You still have the option to just build structures and not to build fleet. In this case the attacks aren't bad for you, except you are collecting resources excessively (and then it's your own fault). Else there's plenty of games where you can't be "attacked", i.e. where nobody can harm you or steal something when you don't have time for it. This is a war game (always has been) and it would be a punishment for the guys who put a lot of time to this game.

Also it's not like you said. Of course, I can stick to farming inactives. Then you need to attack 1000+ planets a day to get the amount of recources you need as you're not the only one farming those accounts. Otherwise you have the option to attack active players (who usually have a better production) and to gain way more resources as they are attacked way less often than inactives. And really, I'm playing this game and its predecessors (s4k, Galaxywars) for almost a decade now, it has always been the same principle: Make your resources safe by building storages and use your stuff to build and research. If you have nothing to farm, nobody will farm you. If I see a million of hydrogen unprotected, I'll take it. It's as simple as 1+1=2.
    • exactly as Sirius said.

You cannot play this games a small time and say because some1 can play it more that they cant attack u. the time put into the game is ur own choice. if u have a small amount of time then u have to manage it correctly.

It is true the top people will have put more time in in most situations and they r rewarded by being higher up the scores.

Its simple maths more time = being higher up on almost any game u play.

U cannot punish people for having more time on the game by stopping them attacking people.

I feel for some1 if they r small and get hit but weve all been there ive had my fair share of being hit by much bigger members

My first introduction to S4k resulted in a player killing my whole fleet with 1 senthi simply for fun. he got no res but this showed me this game can be ruthless and u have to be ruthless back to get anywhere.

If u 200k or 10mil and u have millions of res sat there then ill go through that fleet to get it. its horrible on the receiving end but its just part of the game.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Stubigman ().

• thats true there depends on the time you put into the game will succeed, like for me and few others we work on getting our planet points up for the long run where we can mass produce ships if we want too. But dont take me likely I do love to attack and smash if I see resources to take but yet this is a game also. I can count how many times I been smashed here and in s4k over 10k times but that never stopped me.
      Burn in Hell
    • BuDdY wrote:

did the Player attack with 70mio points ?

Or attack the Gamer "only" with 25-30mio points?

So a 40-50mio Point gamer could attack at the same time the 70mio Player Fleet at the Main target ?

Is the same as a 10mio Player attack the 5mio Player also lose

The Problem why the 5mio Player would be attacked?
      Is it ok then He has 300mio Ressourcen ?

Look to Farmvill ! :)
      i see that point, but someone with 40 million points has more resources that someone with 5 million points. so why attack the 5 million point gamer?? when there are more resources at the 40 million [player?

Sirius Delta wrote:

This game requires a lot of time if you want to play "successfully". You still have the option to just build structures and not to build fleet. In this case the attacks aren't bad for you, except you are collecting resources excessively (and then it's your own fault). Else there's plenty of games where you can't be "attacked", i.e. where nobody can harm you or steal something when you don't have time for it. This is a war game (always has been) and it would be a punishment for the guys who put a lot of time to this game.

Also it's not like you said. Of course, I can stick to farming inactives. Then you need to attack 1000+ planets a day to get the amount of recources you need as you're not the only one farming those accounts. Otherwise you have the option to attack active players (who usually have a better production) and to gain way more resources as they are attacked way less often than inactives. And really, I'm playing this game and its predecessors (s4k, Galaxywars) for almost a decade now, it has always been the same principle: Make your resources safe by building storages and use your stuff to build and research. If you have nothing to farm, nobody will farm you. If I see a million of hydrogen unprotected, I'll take it. It's as simple as 1+1=2.
      agree it is mine own fault if i have that amount piled up. however i dont see it fair for crashing a fleet of 5 million for 2 million hydro (in which can be easily gotten from one of the banned players' main .
      I've always heard its a war game but never seen those words in the description when i signed up nor have i seen it in the terms and conditions so i dont understand how saying its war game justifies why its okay to hit players 10 times less than you.

so if their are players who put soooo much time into the game why would it be so hard for them to attack those 1000 planets a day??
      plus there are players in the top 10 who dont crash smaller players fleet and they are well off. dont see why its so hard to leave players that dont have have a chance alone.
      and with the s4k days there were unions and alliances who if there active members got attacked would either come to an agreement or retaliate.

Stubigman wrote:

U cannot punish people for having more time on the game by stopping them attacking people.
      but you can punish people for not spending the amount of time as others .. understand

The post was edited 1 time, last by Bam Bam ().