Fleet movement while v-mode?

• Fleet movement while v-mode?

Well, as far as i know, fleet doesn't move while you are in v-mode, right?
    Or is it different for returning fleets?
    Lost a load of res because of this. Need a fast answer.

V-mode = nothing moves. That's the way i know it.
    V-mode = nothing moves but fleet heading back home <-- seems to be the fact?
  • Just checked and it does allow outgoing fleets, i imagen that it probably does allow incoming.
    So the awnser is like @'Starscream said, all fleet movement that are active before VMode will continue....
    FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BOARD | GAME
    Mail: Stv3N@gmx.es

Allways remember, follow the rules, respect others and most important have FUN! :thumbsup:
    "Give your hand and they will take your arm."
  • Yes, all fleet movements will continue when players went into vacation mode. Maybe in future I'll prevent to join the vacation mode, when you have some pending missions, started by yourself. But I'm not sure yet.
    But it will be always possible to enter vacation mode when there are some incomming missions of others pending. So It's not possible to prevent players to enter the vacation mode.
  • I think the best solution would be how it was in Vendetta, while there is incoming/outgoing or any research/building in construction VMode should not be allowed, but unfortunatly RaVenC says its not possible with this code.

Maybe a delay would help, once they press VMode there account wont actualy go into VMode untill all troops and/or buildings finnish.

Allways remember, follow the rules, respect others and most important have FUN! :thumbsup:
  • The vacation mode in u4k was designed to prevent that other players can prevent you joining the vacation mode with attacks or other missions.
    Constructions ( Buildings, Units, Research ) will be paused in vacation mode. But thats not possible with missions, because these can affect other players.
    When missions will be paused, an target player would see this mission until the players end the vacation mode.
    Pause and hide such missions isn't an good idea too.. Than players would attack others and go into vacation mode shortly before the attack arrive.
    Now they can wait 2 days and the attack wold arrive within seconds ..
  • Ideally, I think would be:
    Cannot go into vmode with active attacks incoming.
    cannot go into vmode with active attacks going outward.
    A delayed vmode available for after incoming attacks land.

The production and such is null. But your right that "pausing" missions would cause problems too. But right now, you can go in vmode while I am attacking, and prevent me from pre-scouting the building before my troops hit, even though you could be ninja'ing. Gives a huge advantage to the person already pressing the "pause" button on the game...
  • 1) bashing rules
    2) allow for a delayed vmode, so that when there arent any incoming (cancelling in order to prevent bashing rules being broken), the vmode is automatically applied.

Personally, I think that the cautious (beneficial) side should not be with the side gaining the advantage of taking a "time out", but on the community that is remaining active.
  • ​It is considered bashing more than 5 attacks within 24 hours to the same building;

I understand that to mean that I can't attack the same planet more than 5 times in 24 hours. Now if one single attack, at 50% speed, takes about 3 hours to reach your planet, and you have 30 planets... Simple fleet staggering can ensure that you are under attack 24/7 for as long as I feel like going through the effort without breaking the bashing rule (as I can attack the first planets after 24 hours). I promise that it would be very easy for just one person to stay within the rules and keep attacks coming steady non-stop. And that's just one person, two or three people together could successfully prevent a player from entering VM forever if they so chose, completely within the rules, and without any real effort. There is the possibility for abuse either way here, and both way are serious.

Now if nobody was allowed to send anything but a probe after the delayed VM was activated, sure, but making it possible to just prevent someone from entering VM for as long as you choose...
  • Meh, fk this. Didnt post my post.

Long story short.
    Semi-delayed v-mode.

No incoming, no fleet flying arround = instant v-mode

Incoming, fleet flying arround = v-mode 12h after activation.

Prevents ppl from hiding and also prevents others from not letting you enter v-mode

Bashing rule: cool story bro, but i can send you ships 24/7 to one planet without braking it ;)
    8h mission time ;)
  • I have heared so many say "I can send ships 24/7 without breaking the bashing rule.... but the thing is all that try fail.
    Are you going to risk, just because you want to prevent 1 player from entering VMode to get banned? One ship landing too early, means you will get banned, and as experience talks, people dont take the risk of confusing one attack since its very easy when your talking about so many.

Just one last detail, how do you know the player wants to enter VMode? Your going to spam with attacks any player u want to avoid entering VMode? Well that would just probably end up with the creation of a rule to avoid it... since this game isnt to abuse.

• Some players like to repeatedly hit players a lot smaller than them, then when bigger players from the victim's alliance retaliate the perpetrator goes into VM to avoid being crashed. The way it is now, they can fleetsave and go into VM for days or weeks and avoid being hit in retaliation.

Also, from experience in Space4k, If there is a way to abuse the game or system, then there will people who do it. The world is full of different types of people, and online games attract more than their fair share of assholes.

messias has the right idea, it's fair to both sides and prevents major abuse. Although I would think 8 hours after activation would be better than 12 hours.