Activity and Inactivity

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Activity and Inactivity

I'm coming to that moment where I need to think about whether to dedicate a lot of time to this game, or just call it quits.

In light of this I decided to do some basic Activity and Inactivity Stats using the highscore table, results below:

Active - 136 players (36%)
      Inactive >7 days - 13 players (3%)
      Inactive >14 days - 194 players (51%)
      VM <7 days - 11 players (3%)
      VM <14 days - 4 players (1%)
      VM >14 days - 20 players (5%)

So, only 36% players are ACTIVE with a massive 51% INACTIVE for 14 days or more????

That does really beg the question, knowing it will take at least 6 months to be really ready to show what my fleet can do, should I stay or should I go as only 136 players can be bothered at the moment, and any new players will take as long as me to get going spending huge amounts of time building and farming :(
    • Useronline
      now: 19
      24h: 129
      31 days: 186

User Language
      German: 200
      English: 73
      Spanish: 50
      Italian: 11
      French: 5
      Portuguese: 4
      Polish: 35

Sadly no more players at the moment.. Hoped that more players will start, but i guess too much time was passed since the old game was closed :(
      And sending mails to all known players didn't worked too :(
    • To be honest, we in SISU have sent out a huge amount of emails via other forums from old Space4k alliances and from contacts we have, but this has not got too many to show up here, and those that have realise they are so far behind the leaders, that it will take them months to be competitive knowing that those at the top will be even stronger by then..... is difficult!
    • Personaly i know this game is much more inactive than Stiddari and alltogether in both games there are not many players, in my opinion this is because this is an old school game and for new players to be interested new features are still needed.

Once we have something new to give new players and sure we can get more players, but it would be interesting to do a market research and find the best way to get new players.

All this said; it might be hard to decide if one should invest alot of time or just play every so often but even if there is not 10.000 players it still can be fun :D
      FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BOARD | GAME
      Mail: Stv3N@gmx.es

Allways remember, follow the rules, respect others and most important have FUN! :thumbsup:
      "Give your hand and they will take your arm."
    • MikeyP wrote:

To be honest, we in SISU have sent out a huge amount of emails via other forums from old Space4k alliances and from contacts we have, but this has not got too many to show up here, and those that have realise they are so far behind the leaders, that it will take them months to be competitive knowing that those at the top will be even stronger by then..... is difficult!

You got me! :D I think once the game is more graphically pleasing, and all the unit balancing and such is finished getting more and keeping more players will be easier.
    • Stv3N wrote:

Once we have something new to give new players and sure we can get more players, but it would be interesting to do a market research and find the best way to get new players.

Well Stv3n I remember playing infinitewars the spanish server they had a way where you dont have to start fresh and able to give you a 40 planet account with planet points at 200k points with the research around 19k points. Where you have to build it up how you want it with also get all the ships you need.
      Burn in Hell
    • killer6679 wrote:

Stv3N wrote:

Well Stv3n I remember playing infinitewars the spanish server they had a way where you dont have to start fresh and able to give you a 40 planet account with planet points at 200k points with the research around 19k points. Where you have to build it up how you want it with also get all the ships you need.

and how did that system work? Since in someway it can be unfair.

Allways remember, follow the rules, respect others and most important have FUN! :thumbsup:
    • Id like to understand how exactly this would work, maybe @RaVenC thinks this can be usefull for a future.

The System

- Does it for example calculate the average of planets (Total Plantes/Total Players) then all new users would start with the average planets on the server?
      - Is this set by the Programer? So that after x period players will start with 5 planets after sometime 10 planets and so on depending on how the server advances.

If you could give more details as how the system works, maybe we can adapt something usefull for U4K.
      In my opinion it could be interesting Total Planets/Total Players - %

Im gonna work on something to present to RaVenC, this could be something usefull for the future

• pretty much the programmer put it in for 40 planets their diplomacy is at lvl 4 able to use sentihs and everything. before i left that site i got my hydro up without farming making 2 sentihs on each planet a day if i farmed i was making 8 sentihs for each planet a day i get lazy from time to time. but it does show that they want people to play and stay then.
      Burn in Hell
    • Yes, but what Stv3N wants to know is how advanced was the server or the players on top, because this could be done based on the development of the players that have invested the time playing the game from the beginning. So, what were the parameters to implement that? or example, giving out an account with 40 planets and sentih ready is unfair right now, so more like 20 planets and LeV ready for example? How to decide what is fair and unfair?
      Praetor Fenix - Andromeda - 05/12/2014
      Vito Benito - Chicago - 12/07/2014 - Retired
    • I also thought about this system some years ago. But discarded this idea some days later.
      With such an system the server will be full of dead accounts. Because a lot players will create such an account to let them become inactive to farm this account.
      Other players will start with Multi accounting. With such an expierenced account they haven't to do much to take advantage from this account.
      When they have to create an multi account from the scretch up, the chance is higher to get caught before the account is strong enough for benefits.
      Also there are players who like to start from the beginning. Some have preferences for the constructions etc.

Because of this its not implemented yet.

Also another idea I'd discarded for now: to remove the highscore like it is at the moment.
      I had the idea to replace the "points" highscore with several other highscores.
      Like construction point Highscore for buildings, battle highscore, research highscore etc... This highscores will be lowered each day by 5% for all players without vacation mode ( in vacation mode for players with more than 21 days in vacation )

Something we can think about in future:
      - Tutorials for new players with some benefits
      - construction speedup for some days for new players
      - complete attack protection for the first time (until another player was attacked or the time is over)
      - attackable NPCs for new players to gain some resources by attacking

But this all are things we have to discuss well.
    • I think all the ideas from RaVenC are good and i also like the idea from killer but i think it should say give the player and advance but not make it easy, the account should for example at this point have 10 planets but all rooms and research should be at lvl 0.

The player should have to build the account and the times alot of investment to make it a good account but not soo much to catch up.
      The problem ravenc mentioned is true but i think its a risk to take to get more players, but other thinks should be implemented for example accounts inactive for 6months should auto-delete, in the case a player returns after 1 year, he should have the option when he logs in to restore the account but only in a max period of 12 months. Meaning Accounts 3 months VM, 3 months as farm and then they will dissapear.

NPCs is a good idea, for example instead of them on the server like a normal player, maybe a "Missions" (Not the current missions menu, but so everyone understands) with NPCs for example LvL 1 (0 - 5.000) LvL (5.001. - 20.000) and so on. This menu could also help to create special events and creating speacial NPCs that for example drop items, give more resources...

Many things can be done to improve the server, but we should go step by step.
      Firstly lets get everything primary finnished, Alliance Wars/Troop Images/etc... once that is done we can create some system to get more players.

Keep the ideas incoming ;)

• For something like that to work, it needs to change constantly depending on the age of the server and in the end, is about time invested in the game. I made it 7 months late to Stiddari and already quit there to be here, managed to put 2 HoF''s (still there) and once I was #1 thanks to my team-mate stamping some other dude. People could get a regular account and be on the top or they could get an excellent one and suck balls all the way, if you don't have the time and want it, you are not going to be up there at all.
    • There is a lot of good points here, and it is true that why should those who have spent months building up an account be happy with new players getting an advanced account, and in a sense, experienced players who know how to build rapidly like me have got something to aim for, I suppose I just need to hope those at the top keep smashing each other and aren't just point wh#res who's primary goal is to be in the top ten like the last server in Space4k...

I therefore don't think my question can be answered, those who want to play from scratch will just have to be super active, and it is down to Alliance leaders like myself to keep everyone active and try to get more players joining and give them the assistance to grow quickly.
    • What do all think about removing the unit points from main highscore?
      And adding them instead in another highscore.

I know there are a lot player who won't like this idea. But we can discuss about it ;)
      I'll hope that this will create more fights. With the units out of the main highscore, there is no need to stay with a lot units.

Some more ideas i had:
      - Adding some kind of upkeep for units. That every unit had an hourly consumption of resources. When this upkeep cant be handeled anymore, some units will desert
      - or: adding a unit lifetime. When units was build, they got a lifetime. When this time is over, they will be scrap metal (perhaps giving back some % of build costs) ;)

There are a lot ways to increase the activity .. But as I've wrote we have to discuss this well. Not everyone will like this ideas. And I don't like to define how we will handle such things in future without an discussion before. You have to play this game. I'm the one who implement these things to make this game enjoyable and interesting. But i know too, that it's not possible to please everyone. There are always players who don't like new features.
    • I like the unkeep, is something present in other strategic games and prevent the big fishes from growing bigger without punishment, but removing the score I don't think is such a good idea, I would like to know what I'm facing without probing every planet and hoping he is not hiding troops xD