Few little interface changes?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Few little interface changes?

What would people think to using a comma as a seperator within numbers instead of decimal points?

1,568 iron looks better than 1.568 iron for example

Also in the members list for alliances, could it by default sort members of the alliance by order of whom has the highest points.

Not entirely sure if these would ever be implemented, or even if people prefer it how it is, but just two little things that I've noticed.
  • Our programer @RaVenC will be implementing some new updates very soon :D
    All ideas are good and welcome.

In my opinion it lucks better how it is with . but this is just my personal opinion, others may not think like me :P
    Sorting members by points is a good idea, but it should be default by rank when it is implemented, it would be good that you can select how you wish to sort members since if i dont remember wrong that will be implemented in a future for the highscore table.
    FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BOARD | GAME
    Mail: Stv3N@gmx.es

Allways remember, follow the rules, respect others and most important have FUN! :thumbsup:
    "Give your hand and they will take your arm."
  • I try to allways respond to players and help as much as possible ;)

I think it would be a bit hard since there would have to be a button to change all the template, this meanse Messages, transports and many pages.
    In my opinion giving the opcion to switch from . to , is alot of work compared to the out come.
    Its my opinion since i dont understand how to program but there are many values that would have to change.

You can create a Poll to see the comunities opinion and maybe ravenc will change it to , then :D

Allways remember, follow the rules, respect others and most important have FUN! :thumbsup:
  • CannabisKid wrote:

I agree on the comma instead of period. It makes spreadsheeting easier, as you dont have to convert everything by hand.

Or y'all 'murcians could just learn to do it the right way!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal_mark [/sarcasm]

I agree with Stv3N that giving the option to switch between dots and commas seems like a lot of effort for a small gain, but it certainly wouldn't hurt anyone if it existed.

One day you'll say "Why is everyone dead?
    Why didn't we just do what Kim Jong Il said?"
  • Anyway, in case it is never changed for those that dont like to change decimal to comal by hand.
    Havnt tested it :P

psinke.nl/blog/one-quick-way-to-convert-decimals-in-excel/

Google is your friend ;)

• To implement a different number format should be the work of around 30 minutes without testing.
    So It's not that much work if you like to have such a feature.
    And tests can be done by the players for this feature, because it wouldn't affect the game that much. ;)

The current number format is the common number formation in Germany. And the game was developed first in german language ;)

@Stv3N
    please create a ticket for this. So i don't forget it ;)
  • have we any time span on that....
    or what is going to happen
    or even better
    a thread by you with your thoughts........
    so others could comment
    yes i know you have disparate threads but perhaps 2 threads one your thoughts only postable by you and a second our comments
    a section of this board limited to two threads where spam is instant die ( note radi instant!!!!)
    At least that way others (as yet to play the game ) can see how this game is progressing in a simple to read way ( and the players thoughts) and your reactions are easy to see too.
    I do know we have this area here but could we have a simpler structure?
    Sorry Stv3n
  • I have an internal ticket system, where all ideas I'd have are posted for later use.
    Perhaps I'll create an overview for you with some excluded tickets for Bot and Cheater detection ;)

But for now, here an overview I've posted in stiddari some times ago: [0.11.0] Planned Features
    The version isn't correct anymore. I'll try to start soon with an "deploy when its ready" rollout. So the Game Version will increase a way faster than the last time.
  • RaVenC wrote:

@Stv3N
    please create a ticket for this. So i don't forget it

Ticket created ;)

Demo wrote:

I do know we have this area here but could we have a simpler structure?
    Sorry Stv3n

Im not fully understanding, do you want a thread with all the updates or something where RaVenC comments, im working on this, thinking of implementing this, can not do updates this week... etc

• @ Stv3N as much as anything his thoughts so others know and can contribute TO HELP RaVenC and this game move from strength to strength
    to make it clear a section on the board that only ever has threads opened by the mods one thread only RaVenC can post in his thoughts and opinions WITHOUT ANYONE ELSE ABLE TO POST another thread others able to reply

@ RaVenC For you so you have a clear feed back from the users
    Call it a blog if you like of whats upcoming and whats not
    what challenges you have and what opinions you would like about what
    AND
    users have a clear place to reply
    or even offer help

The post was edited 1 time, last by Demo ().

• Illia5 wrote:

CannabisKid wrote:

I agree on the comma instead of period. It makes spreadsheeting easier, as you dont have to convert everything by hand.

Or y'all 'murcians could just learn to do it the right way!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal_mark [/sarcasm]

I agree with Stv3N that giving the option to switch between dots and commas seems like a lot of effort for a small gain, but it certainly wouldn't hurt anyone if it existed.

​A decimal mark is a symbol used to separate the integer part from the fractional part of a number written in decimal form.

Different countries officially designate different symbols for the decimal mark. The choice of symbol for the decimal mark also affects the choice of symbol for the thousands separator used in digit grouping, so the latter is also treated in this article

I think your source suggests that your usage is the rarity, not the other way around :P
  • Highscore Darstellung

In the thread above there was the question if the highscore display could be changed so the numbers are displayed as "normal" numbers (4.587.868 instead of 4.59*10^6). As these numbers don't work with my Excel Tools I'd really apreciate this change and wanted to ask if we can expect this to happen as RavenC announced last year :)

Also very annoying is the "feature" that if I expand anything (like the fleet in the fleet overview or combat reports) the display jumps to the top of the site. This can be really annoying. Could this pleeease be changed? :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sirius Delta ().

• Also, if on the missions screen when you select one of your own planets from the drop down menu, the mission should automatically change from attack to transport or station.

You can't attack your own planet, so when selecting one of your own it should default to a mission that is actually useful.. Small change, but I'd fine it useful :P