Pinned Unit Rebalancing

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Well, atleast they have even lower def...but can be stong in high numbers.

I like the nerfing of setis and noahs production cost, and i see that sentis will be made faster thats also good, becouse right now with shipyard 15 one senth takes around 18h to build and compare to mercs that build 2h with 20 its a big difference lol.
      [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/jV1WIIN.jpg]
      [DT] DREAM TEAM
    • I think the attack of the LeV and the Lex is too low and makes them useless.

Now the attack of the Sentih is low and the stealth bomber useful to get more attack. But when the Sentih is stronger, I don't think, that somebody will build other ships... Then it's like in Stiddari where all user only build the mercs. Will be boring...
    • Illia5 wrote:

Stealth Bomber look abolutely unbeatable compared to what they cost (They even benefit the most from researches making them stronger and stronger as time goes on). I suppose their strength is counteracted by their consumption, but if people who only want to gather points end up massing up Stealth Bombers it'll be difficult to cost efficiently get rid of them. Massing Renegades to attack into the Stealth Bombers would work in small numbers (if the modifiers stayed the same as in the earlier screenshots), but the lack of advantagous researches for the Renegade coupled with the high consumption will stop that strategy very soon.

Well, I kinda agree. But I guess that the best will be to wait for the combat system to be implemented, because only playing with the system will show its strenghts and weakness'.
      Atm there is a basic att of 800 and a deff of 450. In case someone has a quite good research (eg. values from testserver) this is about to be 16.365 att and 9.666 deff. 20 times att and deff. With the new values there will be 2,5k att and 7,5k deff times 20 = 50k att and 150k deff. This would truely be a nerf ingame and will be build as a mobile defensive unit and not as an offensive defense breaking units what it is supposed to be in regard of the modis.

So there are few ways to fix this:
      reduce the research boni or the number of researches giving more att / deff to them
      reduce att and deff
      change it to a defensive unit (take away the modis vs deff) and give another unit (with more power than the renegard) a modi vs stealth bombers (e.g. the lex)

But as I said in the beginning. This is a process and will need some time, even though everything is well thought, there will be things to adjust after implementing the system.
    • ​Stealth Bomber look abolutely unbeatable compared to what they cost (They even benefit the most from researches making them stronger and stronger as time goes on). I suppose their strength is counteracted by their consumption, but if people who only want to gather points end up massing up Stealth Bombers it'll be difficult to cost efficiently get rid of them. Massing Renegades to attack into the Stealth Bombers would work in small numbers (if the modifiers stayed the same as in the earlier screenshots), but the lack of advantagous researches for the Renegade coupled with the high consumption will stop that strategy very soon.

To build only stealth bomber would be a bit strupid. Ever calculated the cost to fly with an army of them? So they would be a dead fleet... like towers.

In space4k the modifiers brought the bonus that they can attack first. So if you have 10000 stealth bomber you can attack them with 100 renegades which will destroy a few of the stealth bomber before the get killed by them. So you can kill his fleet bit by bit. It's a task of a good organized alliance ;) (Same with raks and stealth bomber)
      (Hope Raven thinks like me... otherwise it would be good to know... :D) (And I did't read the whole threat. So if someone else said it before, I'm sorry)
    • Terminator wrote:

To build only stealth bomber would be a bit strupid. Ever calculated the cost to fly with an army of them? So they would be a dead fleet... like towers.

That's why I explicitly said that it would be good for the people that only want to gather points and not attack others.

Terminator wrote:

In space4k the modifiers brought the bonus that they can attack first. So if you have 10000 stealth bomber you can attack them with 100 renegades which will destroy a few of the stealth bomber before the get killed by them.

I was basing my statements on the current combat system. I don't know if this sort of preemptive strike mechanism is intended for u4k and never implied that it was impossible to effectively take out an army like this if the system was drastically changed.

One day you'll say "Why is everyone dead?
      Why didn't we just do what Kim Jong Il said?"
    • In the updated version of the game you used to play, perhaps.... this is based off of an earlier update of the game, with a much simpler system. RavenC is currently working on coding the new system, and things will change as we develop the game. Assuming what WAS, is also what WILL BE, is a bad decision. But voicing ideas will help us develop a new game :)