Pinned Discussion | War Rules

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hey guys, im working on my draft for War Rules.
      Id like your ideas for Goals that can be earn or lose points.

The more ideas we have the better can be the Goal List and make wars much more fun because they will be based on Strategy.
      FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BOARD | GAME
      Mail: Stv3N@gmx.es

Allways remember, follow the rules, respect others and most important have FUN! :thumbsup:
      "Give your hand and they will take your arm."
    • Ok guys, here is my proposal for the War Rules there are still somethings that need to be checked and have not found a good moment to read and modify anything latly. (This includes spelling since there are errores, was a quick version do not wory it will be checked before launched officialy)

The idea with this War System is that wars are not eternal and will eventually end, hopefully with a Goal List wars will be more about strategy and not just attack like a headless chicken, if your alliance wishes a quick victory with little units lost they will need to think carefully what goals to choose and how to organize there members.

Let me know what you think, so any modification can be done if needed.
      My idea was to implement this War System in Stiddari with a Beta/Testing period since if this System is not correctly prepared it can give some problems, im waiting for Stiddari BA & GA to return from his holidays.

Stv3N wrote:

WAR RULES

§1 War Declaration

War Declarations are valid if the follow requirments are fullfilled:

- They are directed from an Alliance to an other Alliance (Wars can not be declared to a single player)
      - There must be atleast 2 Members in each Alliance at all times for the War to be valid.
      If at any point there would be less than 2 Members in an Alliance the war would be lost by that alliance.
      - The War was declared ingame (Alliance -> Alliance Diplomacy -> War)
      - The War must be decleared in Politics Section by Capo or SubCapo of the Alliance.
      - There must be a [War Declaration] & [War Battle Reports] thread.
      - The [War Declaration] thread must have the following information: Inicial HighScore, Members.
      Any other information is opcional Ej; Reason of War Declaration.
      This thread can be used for any comments on battles.
      - The [War Battle Reports] will only be used for Battle reports, Spam is not allowed and comments must be in [War Declaration] thread.
      - Those Alliances that want to officialy support an Alliance in War must inform on this in the [War Declaration] adding Highscore & Members.
      The author of [War Declaration] or a Moderator should be contacted to change the title of the thread.
      - If an Alliance wishes to declare the end of the war with a mutual pact or surrender this must be informed by the Capo or SubCapo.

§2 Bashing & Pushing while in War

Bashing is allowed 24h after War Declaration, this period will allow both Alliances to be informed about the war and give enough time for both Alliances to organize if needed. During all the War period both Alliances will be excempt of the Bashing Rule.
      Once the War is Officialy Finnished by a Moderator or the Capos of Both Alliances the Bashing rule will inmediatly come into force.

If an other Alliance officialy supports an Alliance at War after the inicial 24h after the War Declaration, this supporting Alliance wil NOT be excempt of the Bashing Rule.

Pushing is not allowed within a War and will be applied as normal.
      The situation of a War does NOT create any exception towards the Pushing Rule.

§2 War Point System

To define a Winner of a War a Point System will be applied to evaluate the Alliance that has acumulated more points achieaving specifict goals. The first Alliance that gains 10 Points will be declared the Winning Alliance meaning the end of the War.
      Points will be updated every week since the start of the War and if the War reaches 9 Weeks, this will mean the automatic end to the war and the winner will be decided depending on wich Alliance has gained more points.
      When the War is Declared each Alliance can select a total of 4pts to gain and 3pts to lose from the Goal List bellow.
      If the defending Alliance has not selected there goals after 24h from the War Declaration, the declaring Alliance may select those goals

Ok, after alot of thinking this will be my Goal List
      I think there is still room for improvement, would be great to hear everyones opinion on this ^^

List of Availaible points that can be gained in a War
      Points that will be gained by an Alliance

Goal
      Description
      Killed most total troops
      +1
      Cleaner
      Most enemies with 0 troops
      +1
      Workaholic
      No members in Vacation Mode
      +1
      Loyal
      No members left Alliance
      +1
      Ascent
      Most growth after
      +1

Points that will be gained by a specific Alliance Member

Goal
      Description
      Most troops killed as the atacker
      +1
      Stronghold
      Most troops killed as the defender
      +1
      Farmer
      Most resources captured in a single batle
      +1
      Ares
      Acheived most amount of HoF´s
      +1

Note: Each Goal can only be gained by one Alliance Member.

List of Points that can be lost in a War
      Points that will be lost by a Alliance

Goal
      Description
      Most members left the Alliance
      Holidays
      Most members in Vacation Mode
      Weakling
      No HoF´s as the attacker
      Recruiter
      Most new members in an Alliance
      D-Day
      Most troops lost

Points that will be lost by a specific Alliance Member

Goal
      Description
      No Attacks

Most troops Lost

Note: Each Goal can only be lost by one Alliance Member.

Allways remember, follow the rules, respect others and most important have FUN! :thumbsup:
    • hmmm... Ill give it a think tomorrow and see how this could be applied.
      There are 9points that can be won and 7points that can be lost.... so it have to find a way that the war has to last a min of 2 weeks.

Hopefully i can do some modifications for the weekend and organise the system abit more, i have just noticed some big problems.

• And then there is rad guys sory :)

16:41 4/03/15 - Stv3N: I had allready warned you and even ignored some Spam but its a pain to find spam on these threads.Warned!

Stv3N wrote:

5. - It will not be tolerated SPAM or Offtopic in the sections where it is not allowed according to the rules. It is considered Spam the messages without content that does not bring anything new to the content of the thread. The majority of the messages that only contain smilies or less than 5 words, are typical of spam. The members who make SPAM of any kind, may be warned. The order on the board, the respect for the intention of the authors when they create a thread and for the various sections and subsections is something important for the proper functioning of the board and its flexibility for the users, therefore a negligent attitude regarding these rules may be punished.

• Stv3N wrote:

Once again the Community has decided.
      Unfortunatly from a server with 300 users 150 - 200 daily active only 13 have voted.

I allways like to ask the opinion of the Community since this will avoid future problems with rules, but since the democratic road is much slower and not many give opinions i will prepare the rules myself.

If anyone has any opinions, ideas,etc please give them

For those that complain now but could not help to create this war system, maybe you should read the above.

Terminator wrote:

Well. This is a quite interesting way to see it...
      I'm pointing "lost less troop points" a little bit different. It sounds more like who really lost less and not build most... So it would be more meaningful if you sum up all the lost points from the combat report, wouldn't it?

Your way prefers more the guy who build points as much as possible and hides them...
      correct me if I'm wrong.

I dont want to go off topic at S_T Vs FBI thread so ill come here...
      Before i say anything i did not realise there was an error in the above.

Weekly points are calculated from troop points, not buildings... so its not about growing, its about troops lost and gained.
      Wars are about troops and not buildings so there is no point to calculatue total of each player.

Now i do agree, i do not like the idea that in some wars since many wars turn up to be very inactive without battles or one sided some solucion should be found since i do not like the idea of calculating who has gained more troops.

So im open for ideas, some way of solving this, altho i consider it pretty hard because on what else can a weeks winner be based on?
      Terminator sugested calculating troops lost in battle but at the end of the day with the calculation i do those lost are calculated but also those gained, the problem is in some wars not all battles are posted so it would be hard to be 100% acurate, also i do not want the extra work to have to add up all troops lost for every battle.

Once the War System is implemented ingame by @RaVenC (This is long term) we could modify the system since the server will calculate everything automaticly... but for now id like to keep it simple since i dont want to spend 4h on each war to calculate points and goals.

• Shouldnt there be a point for each of these two things?

A weekly point for ally with best cumulative growth/least loss

A point for most troops destroyed by a single attacking player (doesnt matter how much losses)
      A point for most troops destroyed by a single defending player (only if damage done is more than damage taken)
      A point for highest points destroyed/lost ratio by a single player.
      A point for a player that does most damage to players with higher troop points.

All of these things relate to the same concept, but are different, and will make the weekly points less important if you earn several side points...
    • hmm...

Maybe instead of 1pt weekly 3pts based on diferent aspects and rethink the goals, see if they can be improved.
      That would mean that to win the war it should be something like 40pts.

Ill see what can be changed in the following days, not today.

• I dont know if you familiar to the old ckk system of space4k.
      we had a calculator to calculate the ckk from the reports. I never knew what ckk meant but every destroyed ship gave a special number of ckk. Big ships more, smaller less. (I dont know why we dont used the points from ingame, but i rhink it was a bitt different balanced. But this doesen't matter for now)
      In general it was all about most damage. (welll i know this prefers the bigger alliance so your new system isnt that bad, but damage is the most important)
      Everytime we wrote a new report to the board we calculated the points and counted them the others below his report.

So player a shot 10k points and lost 5k.
      So the first score was 10k to 5k. This he posted below his report.
      then player b of the other ( opponent) alliance shot 15k and lost 5k.
      so he posted the new score below his report
      of 15k to 20k.
      So the admins had no calculating work (and the community checked if someone cheated)
    • I do not know much about Space4k, but im allways here to learn, by what you explained it was exactly the same as Vendetta combat packer, each unit had a value.

I do not know how to program, so unfortunatly im stuck to thinking a combat system that can be done by anyone.
      The result is a Point System that is easy to do by anyone....

Anyway....

Im not going to make it an easy war for those with less members. I can only find two soluciones, give 2pts for an alliance with less than 5 members than the declaring alliance (this would be a goal) or modifiy completly the combat system needing more points to win the war (about 40pts) then 3pts would be given weekly, not just based on total troop points of the alliance.
      For example those 3weekly points could be

- Alliance that lost less total troop points or gained most in case of growth of both alliances.
      - Alliance that has lost less troop points individualy per member (The alliance with less members in negative since the week before)
      - Thinking about the 3rd point to give...

In my opinion, the second option to change the combat system will be a pain, it would be much easier to asign a specific goal.

• Just to answer the CKK question: CKK stands for "Cougar Kampfkraft" (loose translation: "Cougar fight power"). 1 destroyed cougar gave 1CKK for the destroyed player, so they were negative "points". How the exact factor to calculate the CKK for other ships was, I don't know. Segaja might know it since he develloped a parser that put out the CKK automatically.
    • hmm sounds very interesting and would solve the troop points lost situation, but that is something for the future.
      Once this combat system is working correctly it will be a something to implement in the future ingame combat system.
      Once this is programed by ravenc and its ingame, we could change the way the weekly point works, but untill then i think its best to not make it too complicated

• Iv been thinking for a couple of days, how to balance the system more, without fcking it up :P
      Iv decided that i will give 2pts weekly, Still to decide on what concept...

Since it can be complicated to calculate points earned by an Alliance, this is why we need Test Wars to understand the correct function of the system.

I would like to ask your opinion on a subject, im starting to find that points that can be lost make the system more complex and i even think there abit stupid. Do you guys like the Goal that can deduct points? Do you think we should keep them? Opinions, all welcome :D

• Sorry would like to add one more thing.
      You guys want me to base points on Total Troop Points lost by both Alliances in a week, that is possible but i would need volunteers atleast 1 more since i have one to help manage wars. Anyone up for the challenge?