Pinned Discussion | War Rules

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Discussion | War Rules

Well i did not expect rules until a bit latter into the game, but we allready have some and iv been asked for rules.
      Those that have played Stiddari know that the rules over there have created many problems and made them never ending, there for i would like to avoid this and try and prepare some new rules that hopefully will avoid this problem.

I would like to ask everyones opinion on the subject, hopefully working together we can get some good rules and good wars.
      These rules in my opinion are a MUST

1. Wars are only valid when declared on Board in Politics Section
      2. Bashing is excempt after 24h of valid war declaration
      3. Pushing is NOT excempt in a war.

Now to avoid not having winners in a war and turning into a never ending war we should think together of a solution.
      This is my opinion of how this could be fixed.

1. When a War starts Total Points and N° of Members must be added to Declaration post
      2. After 1 Week points lost are calculated, if any of the alliances have lost more than 75% the war will end; winner would be who has not lost 75% points.
      3. If there is no winner the war will be extended 1 more week and at the end of that week total lost points will be calculated and declarer winners and lossers
      FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BOARD | GAME
      Mail: Stv3N@gmx.es

Allways remember, follow the rules, respect others and most important have FUN! :thumbsup:
      "Give your hand and they will take your arm."
    • Example

Aliance1: 100k Total Points - 10 Members
      Aliance2: 100k Total Points - 1 Member

Lost points after 1 Week:

Alliance1: 50k = 50%
      Alliance2: 25k = 25%

Lost points after 2 weeks:

Alliance1: 70k = 70%
      Alliance2: 50k = 50%

In this example,because Alliance2 has one member he can not lose so many points so he has an advantaje.
      This is an other example, that should make everything more equal.

Week1:

Alliance1 50k / 10 = 5k Average Points
      Alliance2 25k /1 = 25k Average points

In this example Alliance2 have lost many more points in Average.
      Im not good with formulas, so these are examples...
      Ill get my brain working :P

Allways remember, follow the rules, respect others and most important have FUN! :thumbsup:
    • I agree with the rules that are a MUST.
      Now, about the point %, it is good but that's going to be a bit hard because in a war people start pulling troop out and in the event of declaring war to an alliance with few troops, this alliance will hardly lose 75% of its points xD
      I propose something similar. That after a week the % of lose points in valid battles posted in the board are calculated, and if an alliance lose more than 75% of the TOTAL of points of both alliances at the start of the war, then this alliance lose. For valid battles I mean, real battles and not meaningless farming (transport ships) and, when comparing to the TOTAL points of both alliance, it is so that when a big alliance declare war on a small one it must be harder for them to win the war.

Of course all this should be polished and there can be better ways to decide the winner and the loser but this is what came to mind at the moment xD
      Praetor Fenix - Andromeda - 05/12/2014
      Vito Benito - Chicago - 12/07/2014 - Retired
    • FenixDown wrote:

if an alliance lose more than 75% of the TOTAL of points of both alliances at the start of the war, then this alliance lose

Your sugestion would be this:

Total Points Lost * 100 / Total Points of Both Alliances (Alliance1 + Alliance2) = %

So if any of the Alliances exceds 75% they would be declared directly the loser of the war.
      I imagen that if this does not happen in Week 1 you would continue 1 more week, so how would you calculate the winner after 2 weeks? :P

EDIT

Formula changed since it was wrong

• I think that the base points for the decision (those at the start of the war) shouldn't change. For example at this moment if 2 alliances in the top declare war to each other, that's roughly 300k points, the 75% of this calculated in cougars (which is the ship almost everyone has know for serious raids) means 2848 cougars xD I don't think that's going too fast. Overall, in the future when Sentihs are available, for each 4 Sentihs in the game, 3 will need to be destroyed more or less, I'm dismissing buildings and points research because Sentihs give a lot of points in comparison.
    • Hmm, interesting, but not a nice solution ..

I think is better however calculate the damages of the reports, but that too is not a nice solution, couse only defenders have advantages (bonus, no spend gas,..).

Then i suggest to add an bonus for the damage what the attacker make .. and mybe a bonus too for the alliance that declare the war :D

This makes -> more wars => more crs => less "floreros" => all will try to attack couse of the bonus => more strategy, the defender can fleet, and someone else can counter => .. => .. 8===D

What u guys think about that? :)
    • The points are calculated in the cr's, that was said, valid cr's and not meaningless farming.

You are right about the defenders, they have the advantage but that's not wrong, if you are attacking is because you go after something, be it resources, title points, you don't like the player, whatever, they don't have an unfair advantage at all and I think there shouldn't be any bonus. If an alliance declare a war is because they WANT to attack and they want to take the initiative. Giving bonus to the attacker and the one declaring war is not fair because in most cases they are going to be the one and the same (unless it is a point hoarder declaring war).

Wars should have a limit time when there are no crs/attacks, again, farming doesn't count.
    • This is why wars are going to be limited to a fixed time; 1week depending on a variable, depending on that variable the war will continue until 2 weeks were it will have an end and winner; in case of draw it could be extended 1 week.

The idea is that all wars will end, this does not mean you can keep declaring the war, but its been proved that in most wars after 2 weeks they start to die and lose interest.... all that alliance fight for is to not lose the war, even if they clearly are losing... so it will be clear the winner and not depend of surrender or a team member to decide.

To give a bonus to an Alliance has no point, since it would make a war much easier for those that have declared it, not depending on the actual strategy and troops killed of an alliance.

The idea of his thread is to ask everyones opinion and hopefully find a solution to what has happned in Stiddari with the war Rules, id like to avoid so much spam and flamming because a war can not be decided, with a simple rule.

• I was more focused to the lower player ..

Example:

Ally 1 (1 member) = 100pnt
      Ally 2 (1 member) = 50pnt

Ally 1 declare war.

Ally 1 attack, Ally 2 say wtf, if he catch me i lose, and Ally 2 fleet no stop ..

Ally 1 growth is better than the growth of the Ally 2, and if the deffender is a nice fletter, there will never be a CR.

But with the "bonus", as i sayed, the Ally 2 can counter, lose more sure, but for the war he can make more points and win the war if he play better strategically.

I suggest that, couse the game is only focused for great players, medium and lower players have no chance, mybe i m not right for someone, but in my opinion that is real :)

I want that a player of 100k and starded late can make some war points as the player of 1kk started from the first day .. if not there ll be only quarrels and no fun as always .. "run run mussy", "what a ritch, only run no fight", "florero", ...
    • How about, this:

Instead of calculating by points, we can do this like a boxing match.
      10 Rounds and points for every round.

Lets addapt this to Universe4k
      Wars last 1 month; every week points are calculated; after 1 month bonuses are calculated

Bonus
      1pt - Declaring War
      1pt- First Attack
      1pt - Most HoF

maybe some more bonuses can be thought of; this is just an idea.
      So lets after 1month the war ends and who has most points wins, but the first to reach 10points wins the war

Im brainstorming and i dont have many ideas today.

• Adding to this idea, since it seems very good and could help alot.
      After thinking @Mrc idea it helped alot.

Ill explain; Since iv rethought some ideas

Wars last 5 weeks (it could even have no time limite)
      Every week a team member will calculate what alliance lost less points and he will get 1pt
      Also bonuses are calculated weekly, with the following point ideas a war can last from 2Weeks until 19 Weeks (4 months) (if the community prefers no time limite for wars)

Points Earned
      1pt - Declare War
      1pt - First Attack
      1pt - Most HoFs
      1pt - Not supported by Alliance
      1pt - Most Growth
      1pt - Biggest HoF
      1pt - Most enemies at 0
      1pt - No memebers in U Mode

Points Deducted
      Lose
      1pt - Officialy Supported by Alliance
      1pt - Gained Members
      1pt - Lost Members
      1pt - No HoFs
      1pt - No attacks in a week
      1pt - Most members in U Mode

The idea with these points is to make wars more motivating with many attacks and HoFs, also what im looking for with these points is that wars stay Alliance Vs Alliance with the same amounth of members from the start.

If you guys like the idea i would explain more the points when it would be official, i accept ideas of removing pts of adding :D

• I think that the alliance that declares the war should be made the rules.
      for example:
      the war is about 1 or 2 weeks (I think a war not longer than 2 weeks because is bored, if it is too long)
      the alliance with the most ckk points (earlier we had a calculator for this /somewhere at segajas tools i think) win
      or a victory after one ally have lost 75% of points.

points to earn and points lost for a good war ...i like

earlier in s4k we have made the rules for a war.

something like that
    • Stv3N wrote:

Adding to this idea, since it seems very good and could help alot.
      After thinking @Mrc idea it helped alot.

Ill explain; Since iv rethought some ideas

Wars last 5 weeks (it could even have no time limite)
      Every week a team member will calculate what alliance lost less points and he will get 1pt
      Also bonuses are calculated weekly, with the following point ideas a war can last from 2Weeks until 19 Weeks (4 months) (if the community prefers no time limite for wars)

Points Earned
      1pt - Declare War
      1pt - First Attack
      1pt - Most HoFs
      1pt - Not supported by Alliance
      1pt - Most Growth
      1pt - Biggest HoF
      1pt - Most enemies at 0
      1pt - No memebers in U Mode

Points Deducted
      Lose
      1pt - Officialy Supported by Alliance
      1pt - Gained Members
      1pt - Lost Members
      1pt - No HoFs
      1pt - No attacks in a week
      1pt - Most members in U Mode

The idea with these points is to make wars more motivating with many attacks and HoFs, also what im looking for with these points is that wars stay Alliance Vs Alliance with the same amounth of members from the start.

If you guys like the idea i would explain more the points when it would be official, i accept ideas of removing pts of adding :D

This is a great idea but it needs a review.

1pt - Declare War -> I don´t like it. The alliance which declare the war has an "little advantage" because they usually has initial plans about the war.
      1pt - First Attack -> I don´t like it too. Usually the alliance who declare do the first movement.
      1pt - Most Growth -> I think Most Growth per member can be better.

You can add some other values (my head is not good today to think about adding suggest more values) and change some points in some values (e.g. biggest HOF 2 points, or lost members 0,5 points).
      Borja Work

SPANISH / ENGLISH
    • So I brought this up before in stiddari. I think that we are learning everyone has different priorities when it comes to war. Some think that the team with more growth is the winner, some think its the team that destroys more troops, some think its the team that farms more, etc. Because of this, i think we should set a collection of goals that can be chosen at the beginning of the war, and the two sides come up with the standard when the war is declared.

Example: Apex vs Mata. At declaration before war starts, the two sides should agree on the goals of the war, and what will define the winner. They can decide that its total points destroyed, total mercs destroyed, players in vmode, players at 0 troops, HOF hits, etc. If we just create a list of possible goals, the two sides can chose which ones they want to include in determining the winner. This lets really special circumstances still be evened out.
    • If two alliances would have to agree on Goals before the war starts, it would take weeks for them to agree... Its much easier to have a list and let them select what ones they want.

The points i have prepared are 8 points you can gain, this would allow an Alliance to win a war in 2weeks if they play the correct cards, but if they play them wrong it can take a long time.

In my opinion anything that is down to someone choosing, either alliance or team member makes it complicated.
      What can be adapted is that we can prepare about 12 pts to gain and 10pts to lose, each alliance can choose 4pts gain & 3pts lose, this way we would end up with the way im thinking of planning it so a warn can be won in 2 weeks.

This would also give wars an other strategic pla since you can select pts to win and go for those goals and pts to lose so your enemie loses them :D

• Should Wars be decided with a point system ? 14
        Yes, it will be easier to define a Winner (8) 57%
        No, i prefer the clasic most damage (6) 43%
        None of the above (Please comment) (0) 0%
      No cmment @radikalix you really should stay off the Board when your drunk, just a bit of advice ;)

Since you guys are very shy ill create a poll, i think this can be a very good solution that avoids the problem of deciding who is the winner since its point based.

Once you guys decide if you want a point system or not there will be the following questions

- Should there be a time limte to a war or should it last until one side reaches 10pts ? (This can take from 2Weeks until 19Weeks)
      If there is a limite it must be Min 5 Weeks, so there can not be a draw... the winner would be the alliance with most points.
      - What should the poins be that you can gain or lose be?(Gain 8pts Max - Lose 6pts Max)
      Points dont have to only be 1pt, they can be less or more.

If the community comments it will much quicker and easier to decide, i like to ask everyones opinion nice you are the users that play daily but if only 3 or 4 people comment there is not much point when there are nearly 300 registered users.
      The idea of asking your opinion publicly is that everyone will be happy and not start complaining in 4 months time.

Note: Votes will be public to avoid Multi Accounts
      Poll will end Feb 7 2015

• Once again the Community has decided.
      Unfortunatly from a server with 300 users 150 - 200 daily active only 13 have voted.

I allways like to ask the opinion of the Community since this will avoid future problems with rules, but since the democratic road is much slower and not many give opinions i will prepare the rules myself.

If anyone has any opinions, ideas,etc please give them since the War Rules will be made official within 24h - 48h