Pinned hide values in combat report when attacking with scouts

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• hide values in combat report when attacking with scouts

What should be hidden on weak attacks with Scouts 22
        Defending Units + Indexes (2) 9%
        Defending Indexes (7) 32%
        Nothing, keep as it is (14) 64%
      Because my preparations are done for this, I've started with the development of version 0.15.0 ...
      This new version contains the new combat system, an combat highscore and some more feature.

One of these "more" features I've thought about is, to hide attack and defense index of the defender or the units and the indexes, when the attacker attacks with scouts without killing anything on the opponent side.
      Sadly it becomes more and more common to attack with the scout to find such things out. This unit wasn't intended for doing so.

The poll will last for around 7 days. It's possible to change your vote within this duration and you have up to 2 votes. Poll participants will be visible.
      When "nothing" have more than 50% of the votes, everything will stay as it is. Else the option with the most votes will be implemented.
    • I don't know what I should vote on, because this would only affect the "new combat system". I don't know anything about the new combat system and therefore I don't know if it is a good idea to see or hide units or indexes.

Also there's nothing sad about scouts being used the way that spies used to be used. Just because you didn't intend them to be used like that doesn't make it a bad thing. You shouldn't be afraid of players finding their own way of playing. Smash Brothers was never meant to be played competitively and today it's one of the biggest e-sports ever and as a result the sales numbers of all consecutive titles went up and people earn their money playing the game (there's a 4 hour documentary on youtube about this).

That being said, I'm always glad seeing new ideas and features being implemented/worked on! :)

One day you'll say "Why is everyone dead?
      Why didn't we just do what Kim Jong Il said?"
    • I'm sorry when something wasn't clear. This change would affect BOTH combat systems.

And yes, I'll agree with you. It wasn't intended to use them as they are used at the moment. But I've created this poll (instead of "fix" it directly) because I know the community may like this opportunity to use them for spy actions. ;)
    • I want to raise a number of issues and make my own suggestion.

1. In english the unit is called scout but in german its attentäter. Those two are not the same at all and don't translate into eachother.

2. The scout is a great unit because he can scout(quick info on enemy units) but he can also be an assassin(attentäter style go shoot some stuff down), its a very versatile unit that adds a lot of depth compared to when Gameforge hosted their version of vendetta. It might have been only intended for the latter but the meta evolved that we should embrace that.

3. Ravenc already agknowledged that the scout is used for actual scouting, but the rules define this as an attack which falls under the rule of bashing. more about this later.

4. Its reasonable to hide the defensive index if attacked by scouts, but does that add something good to the game?

Lets talk about #4 first. In my opinion this would only increase the amount of time spent to launch an attack on somebody. Time is literally everything in this game. How much time does a person need to spend to play this game active? How long does an attack minimum last?(usually at least 3hours with everything considered). Does the enemy come online in this timeframe?
      The game has a limited playerbase and people have only limited amount of time to play. So therefore we should try to minimize time consumption in this game. In my definition: Anything that increases time consumed is a negative addition.
      If the game hides the defensive index you would either have to wait for a spy to get there (add about 40min-1hour for your attack) or guess how much defensive points he has(which would be easy if you just record the mercenaries stat in an excel sheet// adds a little bit of time/ unnessecairy clicks). Therefore by default it takes the player more time and effort to play the game, which in my definition is bad.

It's still an reasonable addition but in my opinion I'd rather not have it added to the game.

Now lets talk about #2 & #3. The scout has been an absolute great addition to the game. It makes the game much faster due to you getting the vital informations within a few minutes. It saves so much time and attacks can be started on a whim. Additionally you can check on your enemies movement if they are moving their mercenaries around. The game feels so much more alive and you seem to have more knowledge of whats going on in the game. Its just brilliant meta in my mind.
      Now there's one major problem in my opinion. An attack by a single scout is by the rules judged as an attack which counts towards the bashing rule. If you play the meta correctly and send a scout to find the enemy troops you only have 4 attacks left. you start your attack which means you'll have 3 attacks left. If you add an safety scout to track enemy troops then you already have spent more than half of your attacks. just to reiterate my point, you need to spend 3 of 5 allowed attacks just to have a single safe combat with an enemy.
      If the enemy is online you wasted your allowed attacks for that building, if you want to try again later you instantly run the risk of breaking rules and getting banned. Thats harsh punishment since we mainly gathered extra information and didnt actually bash an enemy unfairly. To avoid this you would need to wait 24hours so you dont get banned or start to use slow spies which uses more of your time again(by definition bad).

So for the love of Zeus please adapt the rules so that an attack by a single scout does not fall under the bashing rule. It only holds players and the meta back without adding anything of value in return.
      And with that last sentence we come full circle where we relise that Ravencs proposed thought, which would increase the amount of time/effort required to play without adding much of value in return.

TL;DR
      ​So for the love of Zeus please adapt the rules so that an attack by a single scout does not fall under the bashing rule. It only holds players and the meta back without adding anything of value in return.And with that last sentence we come full circle where we relise that Ravencs proposed thought, which would increase the amount of time/effort required to play without adding much of value in return.
      15:01:51 Unantastbar: pls dont talk shit

"Ich kann meinen Einheiten ja sagen sie sollen langsamer laufen... wäre doch auch sinnvoll denen zu sagrn ihr lauft erst um 2 uhr los oder? ;)" - Illisto[/align]
      [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/PX9xk6q.gif]
    • I want to add my observation on this poll. I'm sorry if I'm drastic about this topic.

this troop (attentäter - scout - assassino), he was the subject of inactivity by the players, which unfortunately they have abandoned the game! all this because this troop has the function of attack! especially at the beginning of the server, receiving attacks quickly, not a great way to encourage to continue the game, but puts the player in a state demoralizing.

This should not happen, but unfortunately it has happened

The solution exists; the troop (attentäter - scout - assassino), he should not be destined to the attack!

in my opinion, I would do a fusion between attentäter and spy, namely that troops must be used exclusively in espionage.

another of my opinion, I would also become the troop "Carrier" fast as attentäter, but only with the mission "transport"

the synthesis of this discussion is that any attack must not be set with a high speed!
    • a serious option even attack power of a scout to a spy, so the only scout utilisaria for quick incurcion to know if the troops in a building that has defenza value, but would not give the amount of report resources and levels of edification, the data can only be achieved with a spy, if the scout still has the power to attack and can kill troops, one scout has to count as unfailingly attack.