Pinned Stiddari Changes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Stiddari Changes

Do you think Stiddari needs a change? 48

The result is only visible to the participants.

This post is to have a bit of feedback from the community, i allready contacted @RaVenC privatly but i think it would be good to see what everyone thinks.
      Stiddari is starting to die, its a fact, every month more and more people are leaving, something must be done.
      Everyone has been waiting to see what happens, there is much more movement but not the expected from the old days in Vendetta.

This has been discussed many times and we all know the reasons, there is no need anymore to find who to blaim, who is a point collecter or who has the most battles.
      Its time for a change..... if not it will hard to change the path Stiddari is going down.

Therefor i open this post for us "the community" as daily users/players give our opinion to RaVenC and HELP so this does not happen.
      If you have nothing to say that will help you are just helping for this to end and there is no point you post here, so please lets work together.

We all know RaVenC is a busy person, but i think he must work extra hours and attend Stiddari this Christmas.
      In my opinion, after many months reading and reading other users, i would sujest the following changes to be done:

1. Modifie Newbie Protection: as the server has grown the old newbie protection is now useless, therefor i recomend an ajustment.
      2. War System: Wars have turned into an non endind situation that has little movement or is abused by one side, we need a system to not extend wars too long but favor many wars.
      3. Reward System: Most users have turned into point collecters and there to create more battles a system should be implemented that would give time reducion as prize (Not resources or troops) Accounts would improve and more users would find battles (ratio 1:1 bigger prize / rato 3:1 smaller prize)
      4. Limited time features: To favor the server balance it self again, i think limited features should be included, for example; Reduce distance - cost.

I could possible add many other ideas that could be usefull, for example a new unit (This was recomended by a community user) but these would create much fuss and would be a change too big, therefor, i consider this small changes would hopefully do the change needed for Stiddari.

As many know i do not play activly any more because Stiddari wasnt giving me the auto satisfaction that vendetta used to, as other players i was waiting for a change to join back in but as a spectator in seeing that this might not happen and it will all disappear, there for i sujest the above, in the case that this is too much work for RaVenC and considering this would be much easier to him the other solucion would be to open a Modifiers server, many old user would come back and it would not be possible to be a point collector in that server.

Many players here come from vendetta and they have spent many years playing there, therefor i do not think that users will wait the same time the did in vendetta for a change to be done.... i think a new path should be taken something that would make stiddari unique.

I hope this helps & please avoid the Spam, this is only to regain those years of soo much fun we had.
      FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BOARD | GAME
      Mail: Stv3N@gmx.es

Allways remember, follow the rules, respect others and most important have FUN! :thumbsup:
      "Give your hand and they will take your arm."
    • I think the changes have to occur in the durations of wars, some tienemos way to implement a counter to the end of one month if the war is not ended determine the result and finish.

I also see that you can change the option of% speed mission, instead of becoming cheaper remove 50% increase according lowers% stroll to prevent both the troops
    • I think that your right, things need to change. I have lots of ideas, all with flaws, but could add to re-establishing stiddari.

I think adjusting garbage units so they are no longer complete waste of space (in a server over a year old, I build rowdies/knifers/gunmen ONLY to waste resources instead of being farmed, there is zero use otherwise...) CESC made a good idea, in changing the effect of the trainings for a couple weaker units, so that they have a value in the game this far in...

I think the war system HAS GOT TO BE REPLACED! There has to be a definition of how long a war lasts. Weither its time based, point based, or vote based, whatever. Indefinate wars are largely to blame for this servers death.

Alliance based trainings would be a neat idea to add. People have talked about cost reduction for sending missions. Maybe this can be a training that the entire alliance contributes the cost to in peices, and they all gain from. It could have different levels, with increasing costs, and increasing reduction of unit salary. Similar trainings could be speed increase, building time decrease (like boss office), increased safe storage, etc etc etc. Anyone who has played Ikarium, it has a similar system based on map location, and island composition (im not suggesting copy it) Maybe having a way that an alliance can pay an amount to give their lowest players a building time reduction, so new players can catch up easier.

Id love to see more temporary "rewards" for the server. The 2x speed at the anniversary was a good one, and could be expanded to be an occasional occurrence.

I very much agree we need to do SOMETHING different. I know many want to keep playing stiddari instead of u4k, but this server is going to die :(
    • I really like this ideas maka, can u make a suggestion ?

robbyatmlc wrote:

I think that your right, things need to change. I have lots of ideas, all with flaws, but could add to re-establishing stiddari.

Alliance based trainings would be a neat idea to add. People have talked about cost reduction for sending missions. Maybe this can be a training that the entire alliance contributes the cost to in peices, and they all gain from. It could have different levels, with increasing costs, and increasing reduction of unit salary. Similar trainings could be speed increase, building time decrease (like boss office), increased safe storage, etc etc etc. Anyone who has played Ikarium, it has a similar system based on map location, and island composition (im not suggesting copy it) Maybe having a way that an alliance can pay an amount to give their lowest players a building time reduction, so new players can catch up easier.

Id love to see more temporary "rewards" for the server. The 2x speed at the anniversary was a good one, and could be expanded to be an occasional occurrence.

• robbyatmlc wrote:

I had given this idea back when i was in the Team, its really a more long term improvement because its much to change, but i think that Stiddari is all about your Alliance and how you work with them, some improvements to help alliance communication & attacks.
      Over the years iv played many games and most only games have something that make you need an alliance if not you get left back.
      My inicial idea was something like creating an Alliance Hub that was a unique building where only Capo & Subcapo could manage trainings,etc.

Some ideas that could improve the game in the means of alliance.

1. Alliance Hub
      2. Alliance Trainings/Research and/or buildings
      3. Possibilitie to see Attacks by alliance members Incoming/outgoing
      4. Station troops at Alliance Members building to help defend.
      5. Alliance units.
      6. Terretory wars.

These are some, i cant remember all right now ^^ but i didnt mention this right now, because we need a quick fix this would be something very long turn that would en up with Stiddari on an other level compared to other online games.

KaRmA wrote:

3. Reward System: Most users have turned into point collecters and there to create more battles a system should be implemented that would give time reducion as prize (Not resources or troops) Accounts would improve and more users would find battles (ratio 1:1 bigger prize / rato 3:1 smaller prize)

This Reward System can also be adapted to be something like a weekly tournament, prizes given to those that grow more,etc. like @robbyatmlc said.

If what we want is some more special events weekly/monthly what would be needed is a GO Tool improvement so that the GO Team could control this.... some very good ideas but i dont think they are the quick fix we need.

So far the idea of other troops having a reason for the server (modifiers) and reducing cost while removing troops speed would do this, i think.
      Thanks alot guys for the feedback :thumbsup:

Hopefully this helps @RaVenC
      FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BOARD | GAME
      Mail: Stv3N@gmx.es

Allways remember, follow the rules, respect others and most important have FUN! :thumbsup:
      "Give your hand and they will take your arm."
    • I guess such topics were opened at least 10-15 times since the game started to look like kind of a "burden" for many people here ... In all cases nothing was done and the topic was forgotten after couple of days ...
      I think RavenC should give a special medal for those who will stay for a year or more and play current stiddari without breaks. ... The matter when the player will leave is up to his psychology ,some would leave for 2-3 days some for month ..so on.. maybe those who were deeply nostalgic of vendetta would stay longer ..)Don't want to hurt anyone but to be honest ,for people who didn't play vendetta or a similar game ,stiddari would look like it is smth from 80th or 90th of last century ...Its not easy to smoothly click hundred buttons and stare at numbers and letters every day...When a friend of mine watched me playing stiddari he thought I was working on some calculation program similar to Excel or smth ... :D , something similar comes in mind of people who see this game for first time , and now imagine how difficult it is to continue playing stiddari , when there are no any changes which are needed for it to be meaningful strategy game...

I am still unsure whether I left or still ingame , nevertheless I came with some suggestions which maybe would add at least some "meaning" , to the game at its current form.

One of the things which always concerned me from the start of this game is regarding Attacks ..
      The player who makes the big Attack , doesn't get anything other than a single HOF topic on board, which is being forgotten the day after it was posted ... what's more ? Only lost resources and time ... I mean this is a mafia game , In real life when gangs Attack other territories they always get some reward , some stolen cash or new territories , in stiddari Attacks are always appear to be "a step behind" , which is a reason of stagnation of accounts development .
      A new "reward" system should be implemented , which brings advantages to the Attacker (if he won the battle ) and the stagnation of defeated account . But the rewards should be given only for "serious " Attacks ,( when the defeated side losses are let's say AT LEAST about 30% of attacker's total troop points ). The reward for Attacker should be 50% of defeated account's daily resource production for 10-15 days ,which will be stored in attacker's "bounty" (each day, 50% of resources produced by defeated player go into the attackers bounty ). And in contrast , the defeated player will be getting 50 % of its normal production , for 10-15 days ...
      For example .
      Attacker (10 000 000 troop points ) Defender ( 6 000 000 troop points )
      Attacker won the battle , and Defender lost - 3 000 000 troop points ( 30% of 10 million)
      So for the next 10-15 days , the 50% of defeated account's production will be going to the attacker , as a reward ...
      I think this will add the interests to the game , as attacks would not be only "lost time and resources ", but means of fast development...

There are also some things which were already mentioned before , mainly war system is absent , despite there were some good variants to create this system ( there was even vote ) , but I think this attacks case is more problematic , but could be much more easily tackled ...
    • Xplorer wrote:

I guess such topics were opened at least 10-15 times since the game started to look like kind of a "burden" for many people here ... In all cases nothing was done and the topic was forgotten after couple of days ...
      I think RavenC should give a special medal for those who will stay for a year or more and play current stiddari without breaks. ... The matter when the player will leave is up to his psychology ,some would leave for 2-3 days some for month ..so on.. maybe those who were deeply nostalgic of vendetta would stay longer ..)Don't want to hurt anyone but to be honest ,for people who didn't play vendetta or a similar game ,stiddari would look like it is smth from 80th or 90th of last century ...Its not easy to smoothly click hundred buttons and stare at numbers and letters every day...When a friend of mine watched me playing stiddari he thought I was working on some calculation program similar to Excel or smth ... :D , something similar comes in mind of people who see this game for first time , and now imagine how difficult it is to continue playing stiddari , when there are no any changes which are needed for it to be meaningful strategy game...

I am still unsure whether I left or still ingame , nevertheless I came with some suggestions which maybe would add at least some "meaning" , to the game at its current form.

One of the things which always concerned me from the start of this game is regarding Attacks ..
      The player who makes the big Attack , doesn't get anything other than a single HOF topic on board, which is being forgotten the day after it was posted ... what's more ? Only lost resources and time ... I mean this is a mafia game , In real life when gangs Attack other territories they always get some reward , some stolen cash or new territories , in stiddari Attacks are always appear to be "a step behind" , which is a reason of stagnation of accounts development .
      A new "reward" system should be implemented , which brings advantages to the Attacker (if he won the battle ) and the stagnation of defeated account . But the rewards should be given only for "serious " Attacks ,( when the defeated side losses are let's say AT LEAST about 30% of attacker's total troop points ). The reward for Attacker should be 50% of defeated account's daily resource production for 10-15 days ,which will be stored in attacker's "bounty" (each day, 50% of resources produced by defeated player go into the attackers bounty ). And in contrast , the defeated player will be getting 50 % of its normal production , for 10-15 days ...
      For example .
      Attacker won the battle , and Defender lost - 3 000 000 troop points ( 30% of 10 million)
      So for the next 10-15 days , the 50% of defeated account's production will be going to the attacker , as a reward ...
      I think this will add the interests to the game , as attacks would not be only "lost time and resources ", but means of fast development...

There are also some things which were already mentioned before , mainly war system is absent , despite there were some good variants to create this system ( there was even vote ) , but I think this attacks case is more problematic , but could be much more easily tackled ...

venga va, fomentemos aun mas los ataques con pocas perdidas, sigamos perjudicando a los perdedores de las batallas, para que solo los atacantes se queden en el juego :D
      :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
    • txoni wrote:

Xplorer wrote:

I guess such topics were opened at least 10-15 times since the game started to look like kind of a "burden" for many people here ... In all cases nothing was done and the topic was forgotten after couple of days ...

For example .

venga va, fomentemos aun mas los ataques con pocas perdidas, sigamos perjudicando a los perdedores de las batallas, para que solo los atacantes se queden en el juego :D

Well , Google translate says u agreed with the idea , don't know why u pushed dislike button though :D
      It will definitely add the role of Attacks so it could somehow increase the motivation of the shrinking community ....
    • Hi,

I've read this thread, but my time is very limited at the moment.

Newbie Protection: Why should this be adjusted? What kind of adjustments?
      War System: There is already something planned, that wars can be declared in game and will last about one week. When some requirements was fulfilled ( short: war is active ), the war will extend for another week. At the end the winner will be determined and got some rewards. ( Active players in war will get the rewards )

Reward System: I've already thought about to adjust the unit points ( or to remove the unit points from "total" highscore ). This also should create more battles. A reward system, related to the battle wouldn't be effective, because its just a matter of time until the first players use such a system for the own effort.

Limited time features: We can think about such a feature. Perhaps something like this together with an daily login bonus. Also something to discuss closer.

A new combat system, to give a new usage to the "garbage" units was declined by the players multiple times in polls. The most players want the "Mercenaries for the win" battle system.

Alliance Buildings / Researches ( idea by @robbyatmlc ) is something i really like. But thats something that should be discussed in another, separate thread. Perhaps we can install a alliance cashbox to collect the needed resources for one building / research. This cashbox can be related with the new war system. So you are able to steal resources from alliance cashbox etc ( some percent ) and the reward of the war is send to the cashbox.

Possibility to see Attacks to/from Alliance members: Also something we can discuss about and a great idea.

Alliance combat system: ( Station troops at Alliance Members building to help defend ) is also something that I've planned from the beginning and is partly prepared ingame.

Alliance units: I don't see any need for this at the moment and it could affect the "balancing" too much. Perhaps we can discuss again about this in some month / years. But not at the moment ;)

Territory Wars: A good idea, but there also another separate thread needed, to give this a closer look

Best regards
      RaVenC
    • RaVenC dude you gave us one answer and a new impuls of this game, I can only imagine what will happened if you start implementing things, alto we understand you r busy. Anyway I have 2 ideas regarding:
      1. Put a poll for each of above mention topic, the players will show you the way, after all more of 80% are expirianced vendetta players.
      2. Acording to me we have 100 very active and 100 average active players and we can use multi level marketing to attract more players. There could be some reward, small but reward, and an obligation that if I sponsor new player I could get extra points in rewards. Vendetta used to have more then 10.000 players.

cheers,
      Me