Solidarity with those out protesting racial inequality and excessive force by police without accountability.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Solidarity with those out protesting racial inequality and excessive force by police without accountability.

In my country tonight there is one topic and one topic only being discussed. The grand jury finding that relieved Officer Darren Wilson from all charges related to the death of an unarmed black boy named Michael Brown. I am seeing social media going crazy tonight with people throwing out their opinions. Many people are speaking about the findings of the grand jury and making judgments on that based solely on "evidence" they have seen through a biased source. Many others are calling out the hundreds of thousands that have taken to the streets across the entire country in protest. Media is throwing out the "whoever smelt it, dealt it" excuse for racism, claiming race is only talked about by racists...

I am here to express one thing that I think is universal to most of our societies. There are too many incidents where unarmed citizens are killed at the hands of police. The continuous action of acquitting officers of all responsibility in these events is unacceptable. There has got to become some sort of accountability to the people we allow to take authority over our lives on demand, or we have got to demand back that authority. I know no facts about this case, and will not seek any out. I am not interested in passing judgement. But I will protest the continued INACTION to prevent the next incident. We all deserve to be here on this earth, and no person of authority should find it as easy as history has proven, to take that liberty away from you. It is time that we demand systematic change, so that our police forces are incapable of ending the lives of ANY innocents, even accidentally.

So tonight my thoughts are toward equality and understanding, and I wish to show that by ceasing attacks of any kind on active players for the next 48 hours, and inviting any players I have any sort of "beef" with a clean slate, and an honest attempt at understanding. This is a game, and we make some things bigger than just the game, it can be entertaining, but it can be emotionally draining as well. There are serious things in our world that deserve more attention than we give them.

cnn.com/2014/11/25/us/national…ests/index.html?hpt=hp_t1
    • I go to try to explain in spanish, cause i dont know how explain in english.

Con toda la presión mediática, y todas las manifestaciones que ha habido, muy claro lo debía tener el juez y no tener ninguna prueba sólida contra el policía, para que haya salido libre de cargo.
    • First of all my opinion is not a matter of colours... I don't care if one is black and other is white or gipsy or whatever!

From what i read, i understood that the cop shot the guy and he was without any weapon. What was he doing for the cop shot him? Was he working or swimming on the beach or just reading a book in a public garden?
      Yes, the cop did what he was trained to do... and did it well. Hail to him!!!

Here in Portugal, there was a case of a thief, after tried to run over a policewith his truck, had bad luck. The police man shooted one (to the sky) andthe second shot to the truck. Sadly it didn't get the guy... the thief's son was in the trunk of the car and died.
      The police was just doing his job but he's still having problems because that. Oh, and the thief was escaped prison from previous crimes...
    • Protests in almost every major US city. My country people have not stood like this in some time. Im afraid things are about to get alot worse before they get better...

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/05/justice/new-york-grand-jury-chokehold/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

A friend In Oakland tonight messaged me to tell me the Riot Police used sound weapons against them to disperse the crowd. They emit a deafeningly high pitched sound that causes nausea and headaches, and permanent hearing loss. This is the response to protests about police accountability.