language in "the servers"

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• language in "the servers"

I would very much appreciate if the used language has to be english in this area.

Just a proposal, but i think it's much more fun and there would be more interesting discussions if the language would be english so that a greater amount of players could communicate without the shitty google translator :smilie_daumen1: :smilie_daumen1: :smilie_daumen1:
  • RE: language in "the servers"

Originally posted by alexfrei
    I would very much appreciate if the used language has to be english in this area.

Just a proposal, but i think it's much more fun and there would be more interesting discussions if the language would be english so that a greater amount of players could communicate without the shitty google translator :smilie_daumen1: :smilie_daumen1: :smilie_daumen1:

Agree, the prime language on board should be english. Becouse alot of people talk spanish, german, french and whatever language and most of others dont understand it. One example, I say something in english, someone answers me in spanish, so then i need to use google translate and try to understand. But most of people use sleng or dilectic language so even for google translate is hard...

English is an international language, i think everyone should know to speak at lest something of of it. I cannot learn spanish, german, french or whatever language is allowed on this board.
    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/jV1WIIN.jpg]
    [DT] DREAM TEAM

Original von TheDarkSide

Agree, the prime language on board should be english. Becouse alot of people talk spanish, german, french and whatever language and most of others dont understand it. One example, I say something in english, someone answers me in spanish, so then i need to use google translate and try to understand. But most of people use sleng or dilectic language so even for google translate is hard...

English is an international language, i think everyone should know to speak at lest something of of it. I cannot learn spanish, german, french or whatever language is allowed on this board.

I think it's ok, if one is not able to speak english. But then he should ask a alliance member whether he can translate it for him or something like that. because in the section i mean (the servers) there is the most used small forum (politics) and i think this section is interesting for everyone so it should be in english only.

So my proposal:

Every post in "the servers" has to be in english (if one cannot speak english ask alliance members or use the google translator before posting).
    And if you want, you can translate your posts to the language you prefer, but english is a must have in every post.

The post was edited 1 time, last by alexfrei ().

Original von alexfrei
    Original von TheDarkSide

I think it's ok, if one is not able to speak english. But then he should ask a alliance member whether he can translate it for him or something like that. because in the section i mean (the servers) there is the most used small forum (politics) and i think this section is interesting for everyone so it should be in english only.

So my proposal:

Every post in "the servers" has to be in english (if one cannot speak english ask alliance members or use the google translator before posting).
    And if you want, you can translate your posts to the language you prefer, but english is a must have in every post.

As an answer to the red marked part I'll quote something "Salieri" wrote in another Thread:

Original von Salieri
    Originally posted by BloodHound
    To all the BOPE People. Can you PLEASE Write in english, you declared a German alliance the war and we don't understand a FUCKING Word.

I'm agree with you. This is a forum where people of different nationalities and I think it is important to make an effort to understand us. I usually post my messages in English and Spanish and I am not bilingual so I think that everyone can help a translator to put their posts in English and their native language.
    --------
    Estoy de acuerdo contigo. En este foro donde hay personas de diferente nacionalidad pienso que es importante hacer un esfuerzo para entendernos. Normalmente posteo mis mensajes en inglés y español y no soy bilingüe por tanto creo que que todo el mundo puede ayudarse de un traductor para poner sus mensajes en inglés y en su lengua materna.

I think, this is a good way to set your posts into this board.
    Original von Kakarott
    23:20:03 Kakarott: whos NEXT ?? or will who time me ??
  • I do not agree.
    Must people don't know how to express there selves in English properly, therefor there will be a lot of bad communication and at the end of the day we will understand each other better.

If everyone speaks in there own language, first of all we can express ourselves better communicating our message correctly and this will also help us learn other languages and after a while we will already know the meaning of some words.

If there is people that can express there selves in various languages they can just send there message in two or more languages, people will read the language they understand and if they don't understand any will use a translator.

For example i can fully read/wright English & Spanish and when i communicate with others most of the team use both languages to assure my message is understood correctly.
    When i read messages in English from people that don't know the language 100% correctly it is sometimes very confusing for me and don't understand the message, if it would be in two languages i can check with translator there own language and compare to fully understand if needed.

So i obviously would not change "the servers" to only English, that's what the "English" section is for.... lets just scrap the board and only used English :D

PS. You forgot about the people that don't care if anyone can understand them... should we just ban them? Because this official language in "the servers" would just make the MoDs work more, and considering the German Community is one of those that mainly expresses there selves in German.
    FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BOARD | GAME
    Mail: Stv3N@gmx.es

Allways remember, follow the rules, respect others and most important have FUN! :thumbsup:
    "Give your hand and they will take your arm."
  • Original von Stv3N
    I do not agree.
    Must people don't know how to express there selves in English properly, therefor there will be a lot of bad communication and at the end of the day we will understand each other better.

If everyone speaks in there own language, first of all we can express ourselves better communicating our message correctly and this will also help us learn other languages and after a while we will already know the meaning of some words.

If there is people that can express there selves in various languages they can just send there message in two or more languages, people will read the language they understand and if they don't understand any will use a translator.

For example i can fully read/wright English & Spanish and when i communicate with others most of the team use both languages to assure my message is understood correctly.
    When i read messages in English from people that don't know the language 100% correctly it is sometimes very confusing for me and don't understand the message, if it would be in two languages i can check with translator there own language and compare to fully understand if needed.

So i obviously would not change "the servers" to only English, that's what the "English" section is for.... lets just scrap the board and only used English :D

PS. You forgot about the people that don't care if anyone can understand them... should we just ban them? Because this official language in "the servers" would just make the MoDs work more, and considering the German Community is one of those that mainly expresses there selves in German.

And where is the problem to write in his native language and english?

I also can understand english, a bit of spanish and of course german. So if you write in your native language and/or english, everyone enjoys to read those posts. Like it is now, i don't read any war-posting, because i don't understand a word. So maybe in the politics it makes sense to put this into the rules...

edit: spanish of course, not spain xD
    Original von Kakarott

The post was edited 1 time, last by BloodHound ().

• Originally posted by BloodHound
    Original von Stv3N
    I do not agree.

And where is the problem to write in his native language and english?

I also can understand english, a bit of spanish and of course german. So if you write in your native language and/or english, everyone enjoys to read those posts. Like it is now, i don't read any war-posting, because i don't understand a word. So maybe in the politics it makes sense to put this into the rules...
    edit: spanish of course, not spain xD

I have put in read the important parts of my post.

Please before you wright think.
    If the server would be changed to Only English that would mean you can only wright in English, its better how it is so everyone can use various languages and in the case he doesnt know english he can wright in his own language, there are many people that dont know even 1% of English and therefor its complicated to understand, i prefer just to translate... im sure ill understand them more with a translator :D

Allways remember, follow the rules, respect others and most important have FUN! :thumbsup:
  • But if we allways have to use translator, its the easier way to translate it myself (maybe with translator) before i set a post, isn't it ?( In this way only one person have to use this bullshit translator of google or something else... I think we should do it like Salieri said:

"Put your english text / translator text in here"

-----

"Schreibe deinen "Muttersprachen-Text" hier hin."

I think it is like a kind of respect to other users to be understandable

Regards.

Edit: So i do Not agree with an complete English Server and my idea against it Is to use both. Where Is the Problem to understand it?
    Original von Kakarott

The post was edited 1 time, last by BloodHound ().

• Now we have an understanding.

English + Your language.

But there is only one problem, not everyone agrees with this, many people wont even try to translate to English this would create problems because people would be Warned.

So... wouldn't it be easier that we create our own rule between the Community and just try that always? :D
    No need for bureaucracy :P

• Original von BloodHound
    But if we allways have to use translator, its the easier way to translate it myself (maybe with translator) before i set a post, isn't it ?( In this way only one person have to use this bullshit translator of google or something else... I think we should do it like Salieri said:

"Put your english text / translator text in here"

-----

"Schreibe deinen "Muttersprachen-Text" hier hin."

I think it is like a kind of respect to other users to be understandable

Regards.

Edit: So i do Not agree with an complete English Server and my idea against it Is to use both. Where Is the Problem to understand it?

+1

i think this the best way, but it won't function if there's no official rule that you have to use english (and if you want additionally your own language)
  • It should be put on vote.
    English should be official language. Like this when everyone is writing in their native languages it is a real mess. I think anyone who knows how to use internet should know english, or at least translate it.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Cesc ().