Proposal for Striking change into battle technique

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Proposal for Striking change into battle technique

Echoman Proposal: for Striking change into battle technique! 15
      I agree that the "combat engine" should be changed, but not like Echoman said. (4) 27%
      I don't agree. I like how it is now. Just leave it. (10) 67%
      I totally agree with the suggested by Echoman. (1) 7%
    Wel In fact there are many things relating costs and res that most of the players would prefer to be changed , but I write here concerning the techniques which are used in battle process...
    The server is new and there still a long way to go to train Mercs here ..However there were some battles according which I could make my calculations and find out how this technique works...Well I would say that losses suffered by the side who has reasonable predomination in ( attack / defense ) index are too exaggerated ... Well lets bring an example from battle logs ...
    Attacker( 138 bouncers)
    Attack index 1242
    Defense index 1104
    Losses -4 bouncers

Defender ( 14 bouncers )
    Attack index 126
    Defense index 112
    Losses -14 bouncers
    Well as you see here the Attacker who attacked by 10 times more units (10 times at/def index as well)
    lost 4 bouncers that 3.5 times less than defenders losses (14 bouncers) ...
    The interesting point is that ,although there a significant difference between 2 powers and hence their probability of victory ( 91 % to 9 % something like that ) , the losses sufferd by attacker don't justify this ...
    I think that here it would be more fair if the losses of attacker would be 1.4 bouncers ( 1 bouncer if we round it , if we would multiply the units *10 it would be equal to 14 and there wouldnt be any inaccuracy , the pattern is similar ) ...
    Basing on this numbers I can draw an imaginable battle .
    Lets say the 2players have equal powers of mercenaries ....
    Round 1
    Attacker ( 5000 mercenaries )
    Losses -1377
    Defender (2500 mercenaries )
    Losses -1811

As we see here the attacker has 2 times more power and hence 2 times more chances of win ..But the loss difference is less striking ....It should have been 900 to 1811 as I think....

Well I think if you ll make changes in this , and number of losses would depend on win percentage , the attacks would be more interesting and remarkable...Players would try to be more prepared to attack ( with more units ) to minimize the losses and completely destroy the opponent....
    I would like you to contemplate over this idea and post your remarks concerning it ...

The post was edited 4 times, last by Echoman ().

• I think if it would be dependant on win percentage it would be more logical anyway...Suppose there s a battle and proportion of troops is 2 to 1 (the powers of single unit are the same ) ..Like 100 bouncers( attacker) vs 50 bouncers (defender) ...
    The win percentage would be 66 % to 33 % (eq twice more)
    If we imagine a battle between all the units takes place simultaneously the losses should be proportional 1 to 2 ..At the time when defender's bouncer kill the enemy , 2 bouncers of attacker do the same and kill twice more...It turns out that it is done by different formula which is not known to anyone..Well lets wait for RavenC , maybe he can clarify..
  • Disculpen mi ingles, ahí va mi opinión.

I do not like the idea, that form of battle and similar calculations applied in good shape for the mercenaries, and the proposal appeals more to the number of troops that the quality of the same, as with the mercenaries to be strongly influenced by training.

"Salvo el poder, todo es ilusión"
  • Originally posted by Jotoso
    Disculpen mi ingles, ahí va mi opinión.

I do not like the idea, that form of battle and similar calculations applied in good shape for the mercenaries, and the proposal appeals more to the number of troops that the quality of the same, as with the mercenaries to be strongly influenced by training.

Seems u did not get it well. I used the case where the strength of unit is the same either of attacker or defender ...It is just a template .Here the number of troops and Attack / defense index correlate with each other...In reality all the things will depend only on Attack /defense index...for example if there s a fight where mercenaries of one side are 4 times more powerful than another's , but the troop number is the same either of attacker and defender.
    Attacker (2500 mercenaries ) ( Mercs 4 times more powerful )
    Defender ( 2500 mercenaries)
    Here the attack defense index of attacker will be 4 times more than defender's , and so the losses of defender in the first round should logically be 4 times more...In current mode it is different ...

There s also always a slight advantage of defender in every battle...So if u and defender has equal strength of Mercs and equal number of troops , defenders wins the battle ..Like
    Round 1
    Attacker (100 Mercs )
    Losses -54
    Defender ( 100 Mercs )
    Losses -46