Bashing

• A question on bashing

Outside of wars when the rules on bashing are suspended, are 5 attacks a day really anything but bashing?
      After all if farming most will not tend to visit a planet more than once or twice a day.
      If you have not got the res with 3 attacks you are very unlikely to gain them with more attacks.
      IMHO anyone attacking a planet more than 3 times is certainly after far more than just res

So what do others feel is 5 attacks too many if you are just farming?

and if you are not just farming shouldn't you at least declare war?
    • Firstly my Opinion:

There is no need for anyone to attack 5 times any planet, in the case someone does its because they are searching for troops or do not want to allow that player to grow. Basicly the rule is implemented so that players have an oportunity to defend themselves if there is an abusive player trying to attack them.

It was decided by those that participate on the Board that espionaje probes was a bad tactic since they have a very low defense and take a long time to train, so its a big risk to farm with them when a single defensive unit can kill many.
      Eventually those that do farm with them will stop since the lose will be bigger.

Modifiy 5attacks to 3:

In my opinion this is abit strict, not everyone likes to declare wars since no alliance would have bashing rule, 5 attacks daily per planet give room to play and with tactics alot can be done.

Iv allready started some weeks ago an internal discusion to see if any rules should be adapted, so this will be added to the list.
      I must say that if there is a rule change, this would be done in a far future since we do not like change rules to often so we try to adapt a few rules together ;)
      FACEBOOK | TWITTER | BOARD | GAME
      Mail: Stv3N@gmx.es

Allways remember, follow the rules, respect others and most important have FUN! :thumbsup:
      "Give your hand and they will take your arm."
    • Interestingly your first comment is
      There is no need for anyone to attack 5 times any planet

If there is no reason apart from bashing why is it a bit strict especially as the abusive player is far more likely to be the stronger player hence the one getting all the attacks wont be in a position to go after the larger player.

I understand rule changes tend to be as few and as far between as possible to make for a stable game with everyone having the best chance to know the rules.

However without threads like this how will we get our opinions heard its just a shame more people dont take the chance of using this board to put forward opinions and thoughts.
      yes perhaps 99% wont be adapted (in full) but its your chance to let the devs know what you are thinking
    • I think what Demo was saying was more meant that maybe discussions about suggested rule changes from staff members should warrant both internal, and public threads so the community can also too have input to discussions.

In this case I think a limit of 3 attacks daily is probably more appropriate, for the sake of positive competition on this server (small active user base), we should reduce this to lessen the chances of players being farmed out of the game.
    • Stv3N wrote:

Iv allready started some weeks ago an internal discusion to see if any rules should be adapted

CannabisKid wrote:

. There is both an internal and public thread about this discussion currently. This is precisely how we handle new suggestions.

I am just asking we do not ASSUME the mishandling of suggestions when its not evidenced. This thread is open for discussion on the topic, and we have an internal one to discuss how it fits in with the intended philosophies for the future of the game. Moderators and Operators offering their opinions needs to not be taken as shooting down other opinions. Its not being presented that way.

My point was more that Stv3N said he had started a staff discussion on possible rule changes, but did not also do so on the public board.
    • I really dont understand how you all got to this point.

We have internal threads and public threads, the main reason of this, is so RaVenC does not have to read 10 Spam and 1 interesting thread, this is alot of wasted time and the main reason im so strict on spam on certain threads.

On the other hand, sometimes i just dont want the community to know somethings because maybe in the long time this is not implemented, so firstly i seek opinion with in the team and then share with the everyone else.

This avoids many unnecesary problems that could appear.

Note: Just becuase we have internal threads this does not mean the comunity cant have a public thread, most ingame features i avoid since these are done by ravenc and i cant make it go quicker... Rules i can do this personaly so i can do this.

Id also like to say i was in a rush when i posted my message so i didnt double check it :P

Allways remember, follow the rules, respect others and most important have FUN! :thumbsup:
    • There was no need to clear Spam (More work for me :P ) but anyway, most was removed.
      Now lets get back to the Topic:

Why did i say there is no need for someone to attack a planet more than 5 times, but i find it strict to lower allowed attacks to 3.

This is very simple, 5 Attacks per planet allows a player to start his own personal war against an Alliance/Player without declaring war and meaning there will be no bashing rule... so if this is lowered to 3 it will be much more complicated to attack players/alliances unless you declare a war, many alliances/players do not want to declare war since not all there members are fit for a war.

Im not sure if your understanding my point of view.
      Again this is a debate, im explaining why i think its not correct to change this rule, you guys can convince me why :D

Team Members must have an general perspective of the Game, in my opinion this rule will mean there will be less daily attacks on the server and possible less wars and maybe even more abuse towards small players since those that have to declare war because 3 attacks is not enough will abuse smaller alliance players that could be avoided with the possibilitie to attack 5 planets :p

• Stv3N, a player attacking someone 5 times a day and not wanting a war because his alliance is not prepared got it coming then, because that's what the alliance is for. you either work as a team or get lost to do your personal wars. So I keep supporting the 3 times a day bashing rule.
      Praetor Fenix - Andromeda - 05/12/2014
      Vito Benito - Chicago - 12/07/2014 - Retired